Clearly, the Villanova Men’s basketball team is a testament that the omelettes at Pit and the breakfast sandwiches at Belle Air Terrace qualify as “breakfasts of champions.” Though obviously great for our cats, on the weekend, cafeteria brunch can get old.  If IHOP is furthest you’ve ventured off campus for brunch, you need to seriously extend your horizons and explore these bruncheries right here on the Main Line.

Minella’s Diner

brunch

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

If you don’t have time to travel far, need to brunch on a budget, or are looking for standard diner food, hit up Minella’s. Their expansive menu reliably serves brunch favorites that will not disappoint.

White Dog Cafe

brunch

Photo courtesy of foodspotting.com

Whether you’re celebrating with friends or going out for a simple get together, White Dog is always a great option. With their seasonally customized menu, you always know you will be eating the freshest ingredients. If you are willing to dress up and pay a little more, it is well worth it for a fantastic brunch.

The Classic Diner

brunch

Photo by Corinna Vlahoyiannis

Though The Classic Diner is a 15 minute drive from campus, it is SOO worth the trip. This cute, refurbished cottage beautifully plates home-made, hearty portions of your brunch favorites. Wait ’til you see the bacon…*drools*

The Ardmore Station Cafe

brunch

Photo courtesy of marisakirwan.com

Conveniently located next to the Ardmore train station, The Ardmore Station Cafe is not only very close to campus, but has an unparalleled brunch menu. Whether you are craving a standard omelette or are dying to try their Oreo pancakes or peanut butter-banana and nutella stuffed french toast, you better remember to wear your elastic waistband pants.

Nudy’s Cafe

brunch

Photo courtesy of livingphoenixville.com

At Nudy’s, you’ll find brunch done right. Their expansive menu will have something for everyone, not break the bank, and did I mention it is also amazingly delicious? Their jumbo-lump crab and tomato omelette and cinnamon bun pancakes are a must try. Like I mean tomorrow morning.

So in case you’ve never set your alarm for before 12pm on the weekend, it’s time you rethink your priorities and indulge in the most underrated meal of the day.