There are plenty of bars in Bloomington to wet your whistle, but when you want something a little more than that, Brothers is the place to be. Their menu is full of comfort food items that are perfect for those days when you just need a bite that will stick with you. And when it comes to drink specials, Brothers understands a college budget. Not to mention the atmosphere feels so homey, you might decide to never leave.

Marlborobar" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2014/12/bar_final.jpg" alt="brothers" width="670" height="447" />

Photo by Urbanspoon user Marlborobar

Comfort food is what Brothers is known for, and they really know what they’re doing. I’m a fan of their fried pickles, especially. These babies are piping hot and so fresh. But if you’re looking for a meal, I would definitely go for the Smokehouse Stuffed Burger. This is no fast food burger. It’s  loaded with toppings, like their tumbleweed onions and BBQ sauce, and is so juicy my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

brothers

Photo by Brothers Bar and Grill

As far as their drinks, if you can name it, they can make it. Each month they feature a specialty drink for just $6 (check their Facebook account each month to find out what they are), making this an affordable place to either meet up with friends for one drink or go hard all night long. I suggest trying one of their Long Island iced teas. They come in too many flavors to count.

brothers

Photo by Brothers Bar and Grill

But possibly the best part about Brothers is the atmosphere. Whether you’ve been there once or a million times, you’ll feel comfortable. It’s a great place to hangout with friends and catch up or cheer the Hoosiers on to victory. It really is one of Bloomington’s chillest hometown bars. And don’t forget about $3 shirt night on Thursdays! For a $3 cover, you get a Brother’s shirt, too. Watch their Twitter account for a different shirt each week.

cheap

Location: 215 N. Walnut St., Bloomington, IN, 47401

Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat 11am to 3am, Sun 11am to 12am