Donuts have always been a staple food in my diet (but shh, don’t tell my doctor). As the West Coast baby I am, I grew up on Krispy Kremes and only dabbled in Dunkin’ when traveling to the East Coast. But move over donut chains and hello handcrafted, specialty donuts. Kane’s Handcrafted Donuts just opened in Boston’s Financial District and is the place to fulfill your donut cravings.

donut

Photo by Dorothy Ballowe

Donuts are love. And I can accurately attest to my deep falling in love with Kane’s from the second I walked into the shop. Upon entering, I was immediately drawn in by the sweet allure of glaze and frosting that blankets all the donuts. Each flavor is displayed in rows on massive sheet trays making the decision of which one to get even more difficult. With over 20 donut options, Kane’s also serves up their own cronuts, cupcakes, muffins and coffee rolls.

donut

Photo by Dorothy Ballowe

With unique flavors like hibiscus and baklava, you almost forget you’re in a donut shop. So naturally, I bought a half-dozen because there was no way I could narrow down what I wanted. My selection included chocolate honey dipped, creme brûlée, red velvet, Snickers, caramel apple and Boston creme.

donut

Photo by Dorothy Ballowe

Kane’s is a must if you’re in the mood for donuts or just want to satisfy that sweet tooth. Now what are you waiting for? Go get one!

Check out some more donut filled articles: