One of the many beautiful things that Rome has to offer is: it never stops offering. You could live in Rome for fifty years and still be finding new sites to see, foods to taste, people to meet, restaurants to find, it's endless. One hidden magical garden in the heart of Trastevere is Borgo Ripa, that also serves as a delicious, high-end restaurant. They'll never tell you, but this is where the Romans go. I'd say you're lucky you're reading this.

turkey, beer, wine
Pauline Fitzgerald

Trastevere is where the night-life of Rome is. It's the hip area that offers so much, for any age. Steps away from Borgo Ripa, is Isola Tiberina. It's island on located on the Tiber River, that seperates the city of Rome to Trastevere. Believe it or not, the island holds a hospital and many shops to buy food and clothes. On Tiberina, they offer outdoor movies and seating every night during the summer, and there are markets all along the roads aligning the river. Borgo Ripa's street address is located on Lungotevere Ripa, 3, which literally means "Along the River," Ripa.

coffee, pasture
Pauline Fitzgerald

Now to talk about the good and serious stuff, the food. One thing I learned is, when the menu is small, the food is good, if not, phenomenal. If there's a lot on the menu, that means they have more quantity and less of quality. When a restaurant gives you a menu of only a couple pages or even one, that means that they really focus on making their small selection of food, really, really, good. Especially in Italy. Borgo Ripa's menu is only front and back, not including drinks. Which, by the way, they offer everyone a glass of champagne just for being there!

champagne, cake, rose
Pauline Fitzgerald

Simple is better. This dish was the chef's special, ravioli with "ricciola" which is a type of yellowtail fish, with a light tomato sauce and bits of figs. Ripa offers a wide variety of different combination pastas, including "crispelle" with ricotta and spinach, "tonnarelli" cacio e pepe, and "lasagne della casa." #SpoonTip: Always get at least one order of "della casa" when you're in Italy, it's homemade and special according to that cook from that specific restaurant.

beer, wine
Pauline Fitzgerald

If you want to do as the Romans do, go where the Romans go. You won't regret it. Borgo Ripa will enchant you with its unique charm from the moment you step in, with it's illuminating lights all throughout the trees, you'll feel like you're in a fairytale and you'll eat like a king or queen.