Tucked on the corner of Magazine and Louisiana, BOIL Seafood House poses a unique take on many New Orleans favorites. A combination of Cajun, Caribbean, and Vietnamese flavors can be found on their innovative menu. The restaurant embodies a good, old fashioned Louisiana Saturday Night from the moment you're greeted when you walk through the door to the way you're waved out.

BOIL management let us sample some of their dishes. Below is a rundown of their delicious offerings.  

DRINKS!

Mary Elizabeth Barrow

The Hurricane: The famous New Orleans Classic, with a dark rum floater to top it all off.

The Coconut Mojito: A spin on the classic mojito and our personal favorite! An absolutely delicious mix of Malibu Rum and mint grown fresh... at the General Manager's own house!

The Hawaiian: Perfect for fans of fruity and summery drinks, a beautiful blend of pineapple and coconut flavors. 

OYSTERS!

Mary Elizabeth Barrow

While this city is chock-full of good oysters, the dozen we had at BOIL stands out. Butter, garlic, and a sprinkle of herbs over the top left us wondering what more one could ask for? This dish was completed with fresh French bread and was an amazing precursor to the magic that came out next.

THE PLATTER!

Mary Elizabeth Barrow

While everything up to this point was exquisite, this platter is the reason I will most definitely be making my way back to BOIL, probably quite a few times. 

A breakdown of the dish: 1.35 lb Maine Lobster, 1 lb of Snow Crab Legs, 1 lb of Crawfish, 1 lb of Shrimp, 1 Andouille Sausage, 2 Corn, and 2 Potatoes.

Another fun aspect of this dish is that the customer can pick the seasonings! We went with their most popular, "Boil House", but guests are able to choose from an array of seasoning blends to suit different preferences. This is a perfect dish to split with a few friends on a night out. 

At the end of the night, we walked out with full stomachs and appeased seafood cravings. While we were extremely pleased with everything we ate, we were most impressed by the laid back atmosphere and kind staff. BOIL is the perfect choice for that post-test celebration dinner, a casual night out with friends, and anything in-between!