McDonald's is a worldwide company with locations all across the globe (121 countries and territories to be exact). Every country has its own customs and cultures that McDonald's recognizes and respects. Menu items vary country to country, but their signature item, the Big Mac, is available across the board.

To understand how the price compares around the world, the currencies were converted to represent the U.S dollar amount. These prices come from The Economist's Big Mac Index, a unique look into the value of currencies around the world. 

The average price for a Big Mac in the United States is listed first, followed by the most expensive to the cheapest. ****

United States

A photo posted by McDonald's (@mcdonalds) on

Switzerland

Norway – $5.51

Norway

Brazil – $4.78

Canada – $4.60

Brazil

Australia – $4.30

Canada

New Zealand – $4.22

United Kingdom – $3.94

Australia

South Korea – $3.86

New Zealand

Pakistan – $3.58

A photo posted by McDonald's NZ (@mcdonaldsnz) on

United Kingdom

Japan – $3.47

China – $2.79

South Korea

Egypt – $2.59

A photo posted by Soojin Hwang (@jini_0321) on

Pakistan

Hong Kong – $2.48

Japan

India – $2.41

China

Mexico – $2.37

Indonesia – $2.36

A photo posted by McDonald's (@mcdonaldscorp) on

Egypt

South Africa – $2.10

Hong Kong

Russia – $2.05

Malaysia – $1.99

India

Ukraine – $1.57

Mexico

Looking at the varying prices of the Big Mac around the world gives us a little insight into the world's economy. The world and economy are forever changing. Likewise, the Big Mac price will never be universal or constant.

A photo posted by McDonaldsMx (@mcdonaldsmx) on

Indonesia

South Africa

Russia

Malaysia

Ukraine