Next time you find yourself in Chicago, be sure to make brunching a priority. Chicago has a top-notch food scene, and there are so many places you will not want to miss. Every different neighborhood of Chicago has its own extensive opportunities for brunch. I spent two summers interning and brunching in the Windy City, so I call myself experienced. Here are my top picks for the best places to brunch in Chicago:

Wildberry Pancakes

Josie Anker

Wildberry Pancakes is famous for a reason. There's a good chance that you may have to wait in line for a decent amount of time, but trust me—the wait is well worth it. Order the "Signature Berry Bliss Pancakes," pictured here. They will literally melt in your mouth and leave you with a fruity sensation that is to die for. 

Meli Cafe

Josie Anker

Meli Cafe is a cute, quick brunch spot with several locations across the city. Pictured here is the Banana Bread French Toast. It was truly a rich, decadent delight to eat. The extensive menu also features several savory hashes, as well as a healthy variety of house made juices.

Yolk

Josie Anker

Yolk is another Chicago classic destination. This is the "South Beach"; a hollowed out pineapple filled with delicious yogurt, house-made granola, and fresh fruit. Yolk also whips up a wonderful french toast, omelets, scrambles, and more. It has even been voted the Best Breakfast in Chicago!

Maison Marcel

Josie Anker

Mason Marcel is a delightful little French Cafe. The atmosphere is perfectly French—sophisticated, but still cute. The avocado toast was a lovely, light breakfast. Don't forget to grab a freshly baked French pastry too!

Au Cheval

Josie Anker

You might not think "burger" when you think "brunch", but believe me—you should. The burger from Au Cheval is world famous. They don't take reservations, so be sure to show up early to get a seat of one of Chicago's most in-demand tables. The burger, served with an egg and thick-cut bacon, is a reason in itself to visit Chicago.

3 Arts Club Cafe

Josie Anker

3 Arts Club Cafe, a stunning and unique spot for brunch, is tucked inside of a furniture store. Yes, that's right—a furniture store. Restoration Hardware is home to this gorgeous destination brunch location. While you're oohing and ahhing over the courtyard decor, sip on a latte or eat some perfectly scrambled eggs. Don't forget to take pictures! 

Well, what are you waiting for? Time to book you're next trip to the Windy City. You are now ready to hit up all the best places to brunch in Chicago! Pro tip: Eat two brunches per day to maximize your brunch satisfaction.