I have this philosophy that good food always makes life 120% times better. Since moving to Vancouver, I've learned that people here definitely know how to live a balanced, healthy, and happy lifestyle. With that comes knowing how and where to chow down on some of the best food in the city

Luckily, we live in a city that is the quintessence of a melting pot, providing us with the best foods from all around the world. If you're not too familiar with the food scene here or are just bored of your usual go-to restaurants, here's a list of some of the best places to eat in Vancouver in no particular order. 

1. Aburi Sushi from Miku

sushi, salmon, wasabi, tuna, soy, ginger, sauce
Rylee Boyle
You've never encountered such smooth, melt-in-your-mouth sushi bursting with flavor until you've try this. 

2. The Charlie Bowl from Jam Cafe

It's like a mixture of Thanksgiving dinner and brunch that's going to leave you with an extremely satisfied tummy for the rest of the day.

3. The Meet Burger from Meet

Definitely the most satisfying vegan burger in Vancouver that even carnivores will fully enjoy.

4. Yolk's Eggs Benedict

Yolk's has got you covered from all the angles. Their menu allows you to customize your eggs from toppings and sauces to the kind of base you want it all on. 

5. Fish Tacos from Tacofino

Simple, fresh, and delicious. That's all you need to know.

6. Sai Woo's Fried Rice

The ingredients are few, but it's all that's needed to leave you wanting a second bowl.

7. Ice Cream Taco from Rain or Shine

#TacoTuesday doesn't have to just be limited to Mexican restaurants. Choose any two flavors of ice cream with toppings and have it served in a waffle taco shell instead of the standard cone. 

8. New York Cheesecake from Tree's Organic

The combination of the fluffy texture, the graham cracker crust, and the amount of love in it makes it incredibly hard to have just one slice. 

9. Bao Down's Bao Chicka Bao Bao

Lemongrass chicken in a soft and pillowy bun—now tell me even the sound of that doesn't make you smile and rub your belly. 

10. Shrimp Ceviche from Belgard Kitchen

Vancouver is blessed with some of the freshest seafood, and fresh is exactly what the shrimp ceviche at Belgard Kitchen is. 

11. Rosemary Rocksalt Bagel from Rosemary Rocksalt

They're even better than they sound. Who knew rosemary and rocksalt were destined to be together?

12. Bulgogi Burrito from TAKO

The thinly-sliced bulgogi beef is marinated with juicy flavors and perfectly fitted toppings. Who knew Korean and Mexican food could get along so well?

13. Salad + Albacore Tuna Steak from Tractor Foods

The salads are already delicious enough on their own, but are elevated to a whole new level with the addition of a fat, impeccably seared albacore tuna steak. 

14. Avo on Toast from Nelson the Seagull

Just imagine it: soft and spongey homemade sourdough bread glossed with butter, topped with fresh avocados, and garnished with salt and pepper. 

15. Pear, Blue Brie, and Prociutto Baguette from Finch's Teahouse

A quirky sounding combination that will make you rethink any weird thoughts you had about fruit in savory dishes. 

16. Dinesty Dumpling House's Soup Dumplings

As a seasoned dumpling eater and some-what local Shanghainese, I can testify that they have definitely done a good job with the texture of the skins and amount of soup inside.

17. Liège Waffle from Medina Cafe

The best part is that there are a bunch of topping choices to choose from including classics like maple syrup to some more unique flavors like rosewater or milk chocolate lavender. 

18. Porchetta Sandwich from Meat & Bread

Filled with cut up pieces of pork, cheese, and sauces, this sandwich is often sold out by the end of the day so make sure to go early enough to snatch one up.

19. Creme Brûlée from Crackle Creme

Just to name a few of the mouthwatering flavors: ferrero rocher, organic, matcha, and even durian for you crazy ones. 

20. Virtuous Pie's Stranger Wings Pizza

A pizza topped with buffalo sauce coated cauliflower that I promise most people would never even know is completely vegan. 

21. Pulled Pork Pancakes from Red Wagon

A funkier cousin of the more traditional chicken and waffles. Oh, and the maple syrup they use on it? It's Jack Daniels-infused. 

22. Oyster Chowder from Rodney's Oyster House

Another stellar example of how Vancouver is graced with some of the best seafood ever.

23. Chicken and Waffles from Tuc Craft Kitchen

Both the waffles and the fried chicken are super simple, but sometimes simple is best. And don't worry, being simple definitely does not equate to being average here. 

24. Uni at Sushi by Yuji

Uni still scares me sometimes, but those who love and appreciate this delicacy must give it a try at Sushi by Yuji—it'll melt beautifully in your mouth.

25. Shio Ramen from Santouka

The rich but gentle flavor of their ramen will undoubtedly leave you wanting more. 

26. Mosquito's Campfire Dessert

A s'mores dessert made into a true art form—both in terms of presentation and flavor. 

27. Gelato from Bella Gelateria

The owner of this place has won gelato competitions all over the world, even in Italy. Believe me when I say, just go!

28. Shaved Ice from Snowy Village

The ultimate shaved ice consistency with endless topping choices, you won't want to miss this.

29. Grandma's Pancakes from Jethro's 

Cinnamon, apple, and streusel pancakes that are so large you might want to bring your own pizza cutter for it.

30. Burgoo's Mac & Cheese

Mac n' cheese from restaurants that's as satisfying as the good ol' Kraft mac n' cheese is hard to come by, but we definitely have found a gem here at Burgoo. 

31. Prociutto & Fungi Pizza from Via Tevere Pizzeria

If you don't have the money or time to jet off to Florence for a quick bite of authentic Italian pizza like the most of us, this pizza will make you think you have actually done so. 

32. Soft Peak's Honeycomb Peak Soft Serve

Soft serve ice cream that's topped with an actual entire chunk of honeycomb. Artificial flavoring my ass, eh?

33. Poutine from Fritz European Fry House

This is one place you're going to want to keep in the back of your mind the next time you find yourself drunk and ravenously hungry at 3 am downtown. 

34. Fish & Chips from Go Fish Ocean Emporium

I reckon these are better than most fish & chips I've had in England seeing as we have access to fresher fish (just saying).

35. Grilled Cheese from Mom's Grilled Cheese Truck

A somewhat DIY grilled cheese truck that you should hit up when those cheese cravings kick in. An added bonus: they have an equally satisfying and delicious vegan option as well.

36. Terimayo Hotdog from Japadog

A classic in the Vancouver street food scene. Japan somehow just does food right no matter what they make, so why not seep their boasting flavors into the hotdog world as well?

37. Vegan Earl Grey Donut from Cartem's Donuterie

It's seriously so good that I know many non-vegans who prefer this over their regular donuts. 

38. Bagel Sandwich with Lox from Siegel's Bagel

An amazing way to start your morning or an ideal afternoon snack.

39. Pappardelle Bolognese from Ask for Luigi

A classic pasta dish elevated to levels that will fulfill your foodie dreams and warm your heart at once.

40. Maple Bacon Donut from Lee's Donuts

We're in Canada so there has to be something maple-flavored on this list. If you've never tried maple syrup and bacon, you're doing life wrong. If you have, you'll understand why the two on top of a donut is legendary.

41. Dairy-Free Ice Cream from Nice Vice

This dairy-free ice cream certainly does not lack in its creamy texture. Who would have thought to combine sweet potato milk and coconut milk to use as a base? 

42. La Taqueria's Tacos

Imagine authentic Mexican street food served in a restaurant right here in Vancouver—that's what La Taqueria serves up. 

43. Banana-Stuffed French Toast from Twisted Fork Bistro

A sweet brunch treat that tastes amazing but for once isn't too unbearably sweet to finish.

44. Belgian Waffle from Nero Belgian Waffle Bar

Nero has all the waffle toppings you can imagine, so treat that inner six-year-old inside of you.

45. Edible Canada's Duck Fat Fries

If you've never tried duck fat fries, it's a whole new world of fries that you have yet to discover. The taste is subtle, but when done right, will make you wonder why all french fries aren't like this.

46. Queso Fondido Chorizo from La Mezcaleria

This is ultimate #cheesegoals for any cheese lover out there. The addition of chopped up chorizo adds a whole new depth of flavor that makes it so addicting. 

47. Pho Bo from Linh Cafe

Something about the noodles in their pho, man. The texture, the flavor, and the fragrant broth it's swimming in... it's all almost too good to be real.

48. Sesame Fries with Miso Gravy from The Naam 

The sesame fries are nothing too special, but the real icon here is the pairing of it with the miso gravy. The miso gravy is so addicting The Naam has even started selling bottles of it for retail at supermarkets. 

49. Pie from Aphrodite's Organic Cafe

If I had to come up with their slogan, it would honestly just be "right out of grandma's kitchen." There isn't a pie here that will disappoint you, not one. 

50. Najib's Special from Nuba

The seasonings they coat the cauliflower in is beyond me. The amount of effort I would put in to get my hands on their recipe is honestly as much as Plankton goes through trying to steal the Krabby Patty recipe.

Hopefully you've found at least one thing out of the 50 that appeals to your tastebuds. Now you have no excuse to ever eat a sub par meal again when you are out and about in Vancouver. Get out there and get munchin'!