While St. Louis might not be a food mecca like New York or Chicago or San Francisco, there are still a lot of great eats around the city. But, sometimes, Mission Taco or Half & Half just don't satisfy your cravings for an off-campus meal. Check out this list of some of the best restaurants, ranging from fine dining to local eats, to find the perfect restaurant to enjoy when your parents come to town.

Polite Society

Eclectically decorated with exposed brick, hundreds of books, and countless Edison bulbs, Polite Society is a great option if you're looking for something different. The menus are constantly rotating with what's in season, so you'll find something unique and delicious every time you visit. 

Brasserie

If you're looking for an elegant spot with an exquisitely decorated interior, Brasserie is the place for you. Located in the Central West End, Brasserie features classic French fare like steak frites, salad nicoise, and mussels with white wine sauce. If you're looking for a quicker meal, stop by for a decadent brunch on the weekends.

Truffles

Adjacent to a butcher of the same name and owners, Truffles provides a stellar steakhouse experience with a touch of southern flair. While beef is the star of the show, the chicken and fish are also incredibly delicious. Another bonus: the extensive, award-winning wine list. 

Grand Tavern

Located inside the Angad Arts Hotel in St. Louis' Art District, Grand Tavern is a great place to dine during parents weekend. James-Beard Award Winner and Top Chef Contestant David Burke reimagines American cuisine with global flair in this elegant restaurant. It also has an incredible brunch menu if you're looking for a place to stop by on Saturday or Sunday morning.

Herbie's

If you aren't sure what type of fare you want to eat, stop by Herbie's, conveniently located in Clayton. Featuring a mix of French, Italian, Asian and American dishes, it's perfect for when you and your parents can't decide what to eat.

Olive + Oak

On a beautiful autumn evening, Olive + Oak is the perfect destination for dinner. The outdoor patio overlooking Webster Groves is a great place to relax and catch up with your parents. While the menu mainly includes American dishes, some global fare has made its way into the hearts of customers, so you're sure to find something you'll all love.  

Elaia

For an upscale dinner, head to Elaia near Tower Grove. Chef Ben Poremba, a three-time James-Beard Award Semi-Finalist, offers a prix fixe menu that features imaginative combinations of the freshest ingredients and is accompanied by an extensive wine and cocktail list, making Elaia the perfect place for celebrating a special occasion with your parents.

Vicia

For the ultimate farm-to-table experience, look no further then Vicia. The lunch and dinner menus highlight the freshest produce from local producers and feature multiple vegetarian and vegan-friendly options. A hidden gem on the menu: peach pit soda—summer in a glass. 

While there are many great restaurants in the area to take your parents to, these eight eateries are some of the best restaurants to enjoy. Whether something upscale and unique is what you're looking for, or you want something more quaint and casual, there are always many options to choose from.