By going to school in Providence, we’re spoiled by all the options America’s coolest city has to offer. From the East Side, to Downtown, to Federal Hill, there are a number of restaurants where you can get great eats at an even better price. I scoped out the best deals in the city so you can get the best bang for your buck.

1. Mount Fuji

eat

Photo by Jackie Libasci

If you’re in love with sushi like I am, you NEED to get to Mount Fuji for their insane lunch special. On Mondays to Fridays from 12-3, you can enjoy miso soup, garden salad, and two sushi rolls (select from the lunch menu) for just $8.

*Spoon Tip: Use your student id for 10% off your check, even on the lunch special.

2. East Side Pockets

eat

Photo by Emma Giancarlo

East Side Pockets is home to some of the best Mediterranean food I’ve encountered during my four years in Providence. Whenever I’m craving falafel, I run to Thayer. The Falafel Pocket is a must try. For just $6, you’ll get a healthy portion of Mediterranean flavors that will have you running back for more.

3. Baja’s Tex Mex Grill

eat

Photo by Jackie Libasci

Located on Thayer Street, Baja’s is the answer for someone who just can’t make up their mind. While they serve primarily Mexican food, including some of the best tacos in the city, you can also get insane hot dogs, chicken fingers, or Philly Cheese Subs. When you’re feeling like diet is a four letter word, order their Taco Salad. Lettuce, tomatoes, and other veggies are beautifully hidden beneath a blanket of chicken, cheese, sourcream, and guac. In case that isn’t enough, it’s served in a giant taco shell bowl. If you think a side of guac pairs well with just about anything (which of course it does) be sure to check out Baja’s for a great meal for about $10.

4. La Creperie

eat

Photo by Jackie Libasci

This hidden gem is home to some of the best crepes I’ve had outside of Paris. Located in an alley off of Thayer Street (don’t worry it’s totally legit) it is carefully tucked away for true crepe lovers to discover. You can enjoy a crepe for about $6, savory or sweet, or even a fluffy Belgian waffle, starting at 10 am every day of the week. If you’re craving a late night snack, La Creperie is open until 2 am on Fridays and Saturdays.

5. Harry’s On the Hill

eat

Photo by Emily Swingle

Craving a good burger? Harry’s takes sliders to the max. From traditional burgers to pastrami burgers, there is a slider for just about anyone. What makes Harry’s a go to spot in Providence is their “Happy Hour” special. From 3-5 every day of the week, you can enjoy half off a burger basket with the purchase of a drink. Their “no crap on tap” policy ensures you’ll always have a great brew to enjoy with your burger.

*Spoon Tip: Try Harry’s original location, “Harry’s on Main.”

6. Say Cheese

eat

Courtesy of Say Cheese instagram

Say Cheese is one of Downtown’s newest spots. There’s no other place in Providence where you can build your own mac n’ cheese bowl or grilled cheese for $7. Looking for something less cheesy? Say Cheese also offers wraps and salads. Although they close after lunch at 4, Say Cheese has realized your drunk munchie dreams and reopens at 10:30 pm until 2 am.