Every fall, Universal Orlando Resort transforms itself from family-fun wonderland to a much darker, scarier place: Halloween Horror Nights. At this event, thousands of guests come from all over the world to get scared beyond belief. For me, the only way to get through this night of terror is to eat my fears away at the many restaurants and food stands that Universal provides. So, if you're thinking of taking a stroll down your worst nightmares at Universal this year, take a look at my list of the best places and things to eat while you're there.

1. Twisted Taters

vegetable, potato, sausage
Tabatha Marks

Every year, Universal brings back horror night’s favorite food tradition: twisted taters. Each night, workers slice potatoes, season them with one of four flavors, and serve them on a stick to thousands of hungry customers. The four flavors are sour cream and onion, seasoned salt, salt and vinegar, and garlic butter. My personal favorite is sour cream and onion because the flavor is very strong. However, for a crisper and subtler flavor, I'd recommend seasoned salt. 

2. Finnegan’s Bar and Grill

beer, coffee, ale
Tabatha Marks

Typically, this Irish bar is known as a fan favorite for Horror Nights regulars to purchase drinks since the bartenders serve stronger and cheaper drinks than the other bar stands. However, the most underrated factor of this place is the food. While it's pricier than many of the other restaurants, it's the only place you can get sit-down service without having to go back to CityWalk. Ranging from $11-30 an entrée, you can get regular bar entrées, like wings or chicken fingers. If you're feeling a little more adventurous, you can order more Irish-themed entrees, like bangers and mash or shepherd’s pie. 

3. Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour

Tabatha Marks

The best thing about Halloween Horror Nights for any Harry Potter fan is that Universal leaves Diagon Alley open during the event. Many of the shops in JK Rowling’s universe are open all night to explore. For the hungrier fans, you can visit Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour and try flavors like chocolate chili, Earl Grey & lavender and sticky toffee pudding. My personal favorite is the Butterbeer ice cream because it offers a sweetness unlike anything else I've ever tasted before. Refreshing and subtle, it is the best frozen treat you can get at the event. 

4. Halloween Horror Night Food Stands

pizza, cake, tea, beer
Tabatha Marks

Various food stands are scattered throughout the park. They're specific to Halloween Horror Nights, so this is your only chance this year to get these select items at Universal Studios. These stands serve a wide variety of food, including hot dog-stuffed pizza, Korean tacos, cheesesteaks, pretzel sandwiches and more. A personal favorite of mine are the chicken wings, as they're cheaper than many of the other entrees, but still have a hot and flavorful sauce. 

5. Fast Food Boulevard

chicken, sauce, chicken wings
Tabatha Marks

Many Simpsons-themed restaurants and stands are located in the heart of Springfield. This is one of my favorite places in the park to eat because of the large variety of food served, especially inside Moe’s Tavern. This tavern is home to an array of restaurants, like Krusty Burger, The Frying Dutchman and Luigi’s Pizza. Some of my favorite items are the chicken and waffle sandwich, the Krusty Burger and the Chicken Arms. 

The next time you find yourself screaming in terror at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights, I hope you consider my guide to the ultimate fear remedy: food. The park offers lots of delicious options, even beyond what I have listed above. But nonetheless, no matter what you choose, it will take you away from the frights that await you on every corner of the park.