Burlington Vermont is actually one of the top cities in the U.S for food, and the dessert selection is certainly no exception.  From ice cream, to ridiculously delicious pastries, Burlington truly has it all.  Next time you have some time to spend, take a walk downtown and check out these fantastic Burlington dessert spots.

Ben and Jerry’s

desserts

Photo courtesy of churchstmarketplace.com

Ben and Jerry’s is the ultimate Vermont dessert.  Not only was the company founded in Vermont, but it has several locations all over the state, and at least three in Burlington alone.  They may be a little expensive but BJ’s is a classic.  The staff is always friendly, particularly at their Church Street location, and even when it’s crowded you never have to wait too long.

Mirabelle’s Café

desserts

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Mirabelle’s is famous for their desserts.  To be blunt they’re freaking delicious.  They have every cake you could possibly think of: carrot cake, chocolate cake, chocolate maple cake, you name it.  They even have a vanilla cake that is laced with chocolate frosting and coffee buttercream filling.  If that doesn’t convince you to run down their immediately, I don’t know what will.

My Little Cupcake

desserts

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

My Little Cupcake is the perfect place to go if you really can’t decide what you want.  They offer tons of unique flavors along with some of the classics.  My personal favorite is the Red Velvet, but I haven’t had a cupcake there I haven’t immediately loved.  And let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to endorse 5 mini cupcakes into their faces after a long stressful day?

Bonus: you can buy a heady topper and get a free mini- cupcake.

The Bakery at the Farmhouse Kitchen

desserts

Photo courtesy of burlingtonfreepress.com

If you’re looking for a cake, you’ve got to go to this Bakery.  Theirs are possibly some of the best I have ever tasted in my entire life.  They have some much variety, but I personally recommend the Almond Crunch cake.  Trust me, no matter what you get you can’t go wrong.

Barrio Bakery

desserts

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Barrio is the perfect place to hunker down with your laptop and prepare to gorge yourself on several pastries while you work.  Personally that sounds dank.  They have everything from chocolate almond croissants to bacon cheddar rosemary biscuits.  Throw in the fact that their staff is friendly, and this place is so close to perfect it’s crazy.

Bonus: at night it turns into a swanky pizza joint, if you’re into that sort of thing.