With the opening of El Jefe’s Taqueria in the Taco Truck’s old space in the Garage, Harvard Square is all abuzz with talk of where to go to get the best guacamole, burrito bowls, and quesadillas. Despite being about as classically “Northeast” as you can get, the Square has great offerings for when your food needs some latin flare.

Wondering which one is the best? Try all five restaurants below to get a taste for Cambridge’s finest, and decide for yourself:

Border Cafe

Mexican

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Border Cafe is the place to go if you want to experience the mind-blowing combination of tex-mex and Cajun cooking. Eating here is like taking a vacation; the interior transports you to Texas, with colorful Mexican decor and the twang of country music in the background. Border was even dubbed one of the most iconic College Town Food Joints. Border also has a massive menu, so your whole party can get exactly what they want.

Chipotle

Mexican

Photo by Isabel Wagner

Ahhh, Chipotle. The classic Americanized Mexican food. When talking about Chipotle we can’t neglect the ultimate draw of the restaurant: guacamole. Chipotle has mastered its guac recipe, so you should put it on everything.

El Jefe’s Taqueria

Mexican

Photo by Serena Martinez

El Jefe’s Taqueria is the new kid on the block, but they have already made a name for themselves. This Chipotle-style joint is open until 4 am everyday, which will definitely change the late-night munchies game. And, unlike Chipotle, they specialize in Mexican street food, so they feature exciting sides like plantains and (huge PSA) free guac.

Boloco

Mexican

Photo courtesy of Boloco

Native to Boston, Boloco figured out how to add an “inspired” twist to burritos. They offer meat options well beyond the classic carnitas, which allows burrito lovers to taste flavors from around the world. They’re also a favorite spot for smoothies.

Felipe’s Taqueria

Mexican

Photo by yelp.com

Voted best Mexican food and best place to get drinks in Cambridge by Harvard students, Felipe’s is the ultimate Square classic. The late weekend hours make it a hotspot for students wanting to satisfy their late night cravings. And the recently-added rooftop bar has made it the spot to spend your night, not just end your night.