As a native Angeleno who currently resides on the East Coast, I can confirm what I always took for granted—it is always summer in Los Angeles. Escaping freezing temperatures for my coastal home this break seemed reason enough to compile a list of top eats in seaside LA towns. Whether you’re a tourist making your way to the best coast or a local in need of a few recommendations, these spots never disappoint.

Malibu Farm (Malibu)

los angeles

Photo by Avid Khorramian

The fact that this restaurant sits on a dock in the Pacific creates a perfect atmosphere to capture that food porn worthy Instagram shot. If a picture isn’t worth enough words for you, the food happens to be fantastic as well. Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus include a variety of upscale, American dishes. Stemming from a Malibu local’s culinary project in her own house, Malibu Farm offers customers organic, fresh meals that maintain very clear roots in the local culture.

Must try: the carrot-beet-orange juice

Location: 23000 Pacific Coast Hwy Malibu, CA 90265 (0 miles from the beach)

Juice Crafters (Pacific Palisades)

los angeles

Photo by Avid Khorramian

Although Juice Crafters might come across as just another juice bar, it offers much more than their tasty cold pressed juices. With additional locations in Santa Monica, Brentwood, and Sherman Oaks, Juice Crafters maintains an array of individual juices, full cleanses, smoothies, bowls and pre-packaged meals. However, the shop’s acai bowl, which is substantial enough to function as a full, refreshing breakfast, has remained a customer favorite.

Must try: the acai bowl

Location: 15324 Antioch Street, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272 (1.3 miles from the beach)

Kreation Kafe (Santa Monica)

los angeles

Photo by Avid Khorramian

This health food oriented restaurant with a Mediterranean undertone bottles some of the best cold pressed juice in the city. This might be the third place on the list where I discuss juice, but I promise it’s entirely precedented: order one of their juices with whatever meal you get. From entire cleanse sets to individual bottles, Kreation’s juices are fantastic. There is a reason why there is a Kreation juice ATM adjacent to the Sprinkle’s Cupcakes ATM in Beverly Hills, it’s that good. In addition to cold pressed juices, however, the restaurant offers a slew of delicious, healthy eats.

Must try: the kale salad

Location: 1023 Montana Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90403 (1.4 miles from the beach)

Blue Plate Taco (Santa Monica)

los angeles

Photo by Avid Khorramian

Craving tacos with a view? Blue Plate Taco is located on the famed Ocean Avenue, offering a view of PCH and the coastline from its outdoor seating. The menu includes a range of Mexican drinks, dishes and desserts, and the restaurant is one of the best in Los Angeles. When it comes to upscale Mexican food, Blue Plate Taco is a must.

Must try: the short rib tacos

Location: 1515 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401 (0.4 miles from the beach)

Urth Caffe (Santa Monica)

los angeles

Photo by Avid Khorramian

Urth Caffe is a constant staple in many LA foodies’ repertoires. With additional locations in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Downtown, and Pasadena, Urth has the city covered. The restaurant’s menu boasts a wide range of Southern Californian eats from their butternut squash and ricotta pizza to their signature Urth salad. Whether guests are just stopping in for a latte and a pastry from their bakery or for a full meal, Urth will not let you down.

Must try: the green tea boba

Location: 2327 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (0.2 miles from the beach)

Gjelina (Venice)

los angeles

Photo by Avid Khorramian

Gjelina resides on one of the trendiest streets in Los Angeles, Abbot Kinney, so it should come as no surprise that both the atmosphere of the restaurant and food within the restaurant are aesthetically beautiful. On top of that, the menu includes a list of incredibly delicious artisan dishes. It doesn’t matter if it’s time for breakfast, lunch or dinner; Gjelina is consistently packed with a bustling crowd of well-dressed foodies.

Must try: the Gruyere, caramelized onion, fromage blanc and arugula pizza

Location: 1429 Abbot Kinney Boulevard, Venice, CA 90291 (0.9 miles from the beach)