Nashville hot chicken is a staple of the up and coming Southern city. You can’t go a day without seeing someone posting their pictures of the spicy meal on Snapchat and Insta. There is obviously a plethora of options for where to get your hot chicken fix, but the real question is where can you find the best hot chicken in Nashville? Here is a definitive list of the best of the best and where you should definitely go on your next trip to Nashville:

Hattie B's

Sydney Rosenstein

If you have ever been to Nashville, or even expressed an interest in wanting to visit, someone probably told you to go to Hattie B's. This is probably the most popular spot for hot chicken in Nashville. Even though you might have to wait in line for up to an hour in the heat, it's definitely worth it both for you and your Instagram.

Prince's

Prince's is the OG spot for Nashville hot chicken. The recipe was created almost 100 years ago by Thornton Prince and is still being carried out by his great niece. Prince's is considered to be the gold standard for all things Nashville hot chicken.

Silo

Silo is not a place you would think to go for hot chicken since they have so much more to offer. That doesn't mean they can't serve up some unreal hot chicken, though. They take on some classic Southern foods, but with their own twist. Only fitting that hot chicken would be on the menu. 

Edley's Bar-B-Que

Edley's is one of the best spots for barbecue in Nashville. They also make killer Nashville hot chicken, naturally. They claim their's is the best hot chicken in Nashville, and even have a page on their website dedicated to explaining everything behind the Southern dish. 

Whiskey Kitchen

This upscale restaurant in the Gulch is different than these other hot chicken spots. They really know how to make hot chicken, and they get that the best side to balance out the spice is mac & cheese. 

Party Fowl

This menu has a variation of hot chicken for everyone, from a classic hot chicken plate to a sandwich and even tacos. Like most hot chicken places, the heat ranges from mild to what they call "Poultrygeist," so you don't necessarily have to be dripping in sweat while enjoying your meal. 

Pepperfire

Pepperfire came about when the founder and owner literally became obsessed with hot chicken. He spent years working to perfect the spice blend that they are known for today. They don't just serve hot chicken, though. Their menu also includes deep-fried grilled cheese and a brunch favorite, chicken and waffles. Count me in.

400 Degrees Hot Chicken

Similar to Pepperfire, the founder of 400 Degrees had a mild obsession with hot chicken, specifically from Prince's. She was eating it almost every day, so naturally, she began making her own. As the name suggests, the hot chicken here ranges from 100 degrees to 400 degrees. This is just their fancy way of saying mild to really f*cking hot.

Bolton's Spicy Chicken and Fish

Bolton's claims to have the hottest chicken in town, so beware. Their recipe for the spice blend was passed down from Bolton Polk to his nephew Bolton Mathews, who runs the hot chicken joint today. They don't only have hot chicken, but also fish dishes including catfish which the Preds fans will be happy about.

These truly are the best of the best hot chicken in Nashville. You definitely have to try at least one of these if you're in Music City. And you don't (necessarily) have to break the bank while doing it.