When attending a school like Boston University, it is difficult to compose myself when it comes to what dessert I want or how to eat it in a responsible way. Between dining halls, eating out, and the occasional "treat yourself", it is difficult to be entirely healthy while in school, so learning where to find the best "healthy" ice cream near BU Campus helps a lot. 

Let's start with one of the more basic options for ice cream: J.P. Licks, which is an ice cream chain with 16 current locations in and around Boston.

J.P. Licks

chocolate, cream
Nicole Lacasse

One of my first weekends out here in Bean Town my dad and I were craving a sweet, healthy treat. After a brutally long day of orientation, my father was longing for some frozen yogurt. After spending almost 15 minutes trying to find my exhausted father some well-deserved fro-yo, that task seemed pretty difficult. We were just finishing dinner on Newbury Street and the only place that seemed good enough for my high- maintenance father was J.P. Licks. Well, my first fro-yo experience here in Boston was a success! We shared a cup of vanilla yogurt with sprinkles and were both impressed. 

Amorino

cake, chocolate, icecream, gelato, Italy, italian, dessert
Amelia Hitchens

My next ice-cream exhibition led me to Amorino, created in 2002 by two childhood friends, Cristiano Sereni and Paolo Benassi. Amorino was born in the heart of Paris on Ile St Louis.

They pride themselves to always choose the highest quality ingrédients and to source them from where they are at their best. After a long day of orientation, my friends and I devoured a yummy dinner at Piatti Wine and Bar and longed for some refreshing ice- cream. In search of the best "healthy" ice cream in Boston, Amorino seemed like the only place able to accommodate all of our requests: someone wanted coffee, another wanted a milkshake, and all I wanted was gelato. This was perfect. I ordered a cup of Tiramisu gelato and was instantly taken back in time to when I was in Rome, Italy eating authentic gelato. This was the real deal and a huge triumph among my friends and I!

Pressed Juicery 

Moriah Schoeffer

My quest in finding the most healthy alternatives to ice cream led me to Pressed Juicery. At the conclusion of a long day of classes, studying, and a 5.5 mile run with BU's Run Club, all that I could picture my stubborn self-eating was a delicious frozen treat. I ordered the S'mores Freeze, which is a plant-based soft-serve made from real fruits, nuts & vegetables. The toppings which included marshmallows, cacao sauce, graham crackers, and granola were great. 

PinkBerry

cream, milk, sweet, ice, chocolate, caramel, frozen yogurt
Julia Kaplowitz

My last fro-yo venture, for now, steered my roommate and I to PinkBerry. I am a fro-yo connoisseur and anyone who knows good fro-yo can attest that Pinkberry will never let you down. It is predictable, scrumptious, and will always hit the spot. Nothing is more refreshing than a cup of the OG (Original) flavor: One-of-a-kind taste that is refreshing, light and craveable with the perfect balance of sweet and tart. I topped it off with some granola, mochi, and white chocolate chips; this was exactly what I needed

At the end of the day, nothing is better than a freezing cup of good old frozen yogurt. I am excited to try more places to find the best healthy frozen desserts in Boston.