Not only do we love the fall activities and weather this season, but the wide array of food choices. Madison, with it's bursting restaurant scene, changes just as much as the seasons do. We've compiled a list of the best fall dishes you should not miss out on in 2018.

1. Curried Kuri Squash Soup from Merchant

I had to start out this list with my favorite dinner restaurant: Merchant. Soup always warms you up, especially one made out of coconut cream, spiced pepitas, and pumpkin seed oil. Pair it with one of their specialty seasonal drinks, "Dream On" for the perfect addition to a fancy fall dinner. 

2. Squash Pizza and Chitarra Pasta from Cento

Nothing like an Italian dish to warm you up on a cold fall day. Squash is the quintessential fall vegetable so why not put it on top of a pizza? Pair that squash with some freshly whipped ricotta cheese and seasonal herbs and you have yourself a fall pizza.

Yes, we all know pasta is celebrated year round (more like everyday) but this dish with fava bean, mushroom, lemon, parmesan, and roasted garlic butter will refresh and revive you. 

3. Duck, Duck, Goose and Pumpkin Cheesecake from The Tin Fox

The duck breast is served in a warm butternut squash puree (it appears yet again) with turnip, sage, and a gooseberry demi-glace. Talk about two effortless fall dishes. 

We all knew that pumpkin cheesecake was coming up on this list. The Tin Fox has one of the most epic pumpkin cheesecakes to help you prepare for Thanksgiving. 

4. Warm Montechevre Goat Cheese from Sardine

Avery Allen

I don't know about you but if I'm coming inside from a cold day and I'm cranky about it, warm cheese will always make me feel better. This goat cheese is served with oven-roasted cherry tomatoes, olives, crostini and arugula. You simply cannot celebrate fall any better than with some bread and cheese. 

5. Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Rainbow Trout from Graze

Bring on the brussels. Graze doesn't mess around with this appetizer: bacon, shallots and apple cider vinegar. The Rainbow Trout is served with red wine braised kale along with market apples, definitely something we would devour. In fall, the more apples, the better, amirite? 

6. Pumpkin Rum Cake and Fall Waffle from Bloom Bakery 

I mean, the second someone mentions Bloom, my jaw drops to the floor. This fall waffle includes a pumpkin base with chocolate chips, candied pumpkin seeds, and whipped cream. It's prettier than I am. The cake takes a unique twist on our traditional pumpkin cake and adds a zing to it. 

7. Seared Scallops from Estrellón 

These seared scallops are the king of fall fish. Combined with fresh King David apples, celery root, savoy cabbage, and black truffle, these will leave you more than satisfied. The sweetness of the apples paired with the freshness of the fish is the classiest way to fill your stomach with on a cold fall day. 

8. Seasonal Veggie Tacos - Lucille

Tacos really do have a way of fitting into our lives whenever we need them, no matter the season, no matter the weather. These tacos are stuffed with sweet potato, ancho chili, agave, cabbage, jicama, lime crema and sesame mole. Rich and bursting with flavor, you'll want these every single day of the fall season. 

There you have it, a lowdown on the best fall dishes Madison style. Throw in some farmer's market pumpkin cheesecake bars, pumpkin scones, and pumpkin cookies in the mix and you'll be celebrating to the best of your foodie abilities.