Obviously we are always in the mood for a nice, juicy, delicious, cheesy burger—but in New York City, there are so many types to choose from. So, we've tried to find the best burgers in NYC based on your burger mood, to help you figure exactly where to get your burger on. Trust me, give them all a try and you'll understand what I am talking about. We all like big buns!

1. If you are in a chill mood: Ruby's Cafe

We all want to have a nice chill and laid back meal sometimes, and Ruby's Cafe is the place to be. Their classic double-patty cheeseburger with melted American cheese and all the good stuff is the way to go. You may bite right into it only to have everything falls apart, but you just don't care because it's so good and life is good. #noregrets.

2. If you are in a patient mood: Spotted Pig

Be ready to wait for hours on the weekends and just less than an hour (if you're lucky) on the weekdays—patience is key at this hoppin' West Village joint. This burger gets your mouth watering, accompanied with shoestring fries. Those fries are so skinny that you end up eating the whole batch and still feel pretty light. The burger's combination of  roquefort cheese (stinky, yet tasty) and the chargrilled meat creates the perfect umami bite. No wonder it's one of the most popular burgers in NYC. 

3. If you are in a healthy (but still want a burger) mood: ABC Kitchen

This burger tastes pretty healthy, although it is not actually healthy—because they serve it open faced on two buns you feel like you don't have to it eat it all. You can just eat the patty and the other half of the bun, right? Knowing it is organic is also a plus. The ketchup even tastes fresh AF. Go for it, you'll feel good afterwards.

4. If you are in a basic mood: JG Melon

If you are feeling like a basic b****h, have a traditional burger at JG melon. Although it's straight out of the 70s, we won't deny that it still tastes as good as any new burger spot! The whole burger fits in your hand, and the squishy bun makes you want to crush it all together and eat it in one bite.

5. If you are in a bougie mood:  4 Charles Prime Rib

This is the definition of a good burger. You can't go wrong here. It's a small, dark, speakeasy-ish restaurant, as soon as you go in you feel like you have to be on your best behavior. The double patty burger is mind blowing. It comes perfectly cooked, tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. 

6. If you are in a hangry mood: Emily West Village

When you're so hungry you're about to scream at someone, this burger hits the spot. Have you ever seen a burger that has more cheese than the actual patty? This is good stuff—the pretzel bun, cheese, the special "emmy" sauce, and charred onions. All of these ingredients put together make you question why you've never thought of this mixture before. You'll definitely impress your out-of-town friends with this spot!

We all love burgers, especially good ones; so, make the right choice depending on your mood!