Burgers are a staple in the diet of any LSU student. With so many places to get burgers around campus, it’s hard to decide which to go to. So, we tried as many burgers as we could possibly eat, and at the end of our burgerquest we compiled this list.

Roul’s Deli

Burger

Photo by Colby Sterling

Roul’s Deli delivers solid burgers in a classic, hole-in-the-wall diner. The burgers are massive and the menu offers a variety of burgers. The fries themselves are a little plain but delicious nevertheless. With a price point of around $9 plus its close proximity to campus, Roul’s Deli makes for an easy lunch break.

Five Guys

Burger

Photo by Colby Sterling

Five Guys combines great variety for a great price with 15 toppings. The best part? All the toppings are free. The fries are killer good and a medium fry is comparable to a large from other burger joints. The restaurant itself offers a warm and friendly vibe with its red and white color scheme and open kitchen. Located next to campus, Five Guys is another go to when looking for a quick bite to eat.

Burgersmith

Burger

Photo by Colby Sterling

Burgersmith is the place to go for picky eaters. Their menu offers a wealth of different burgers, including: classic burger, organic, turkey, brisket, filet, lamb, and bison. The topping menu is extensive, but some options cost extra and can turn a $10 burger into $15 in a flash. The variety doesn’t stop at the burgers with four styles of fries. The garlic and butter fries bring something fresh and delicious to the art of fries. Burgersmith offers amazing options and great food, but those options can make the check skyrocket.

Mooyah

Burger

Photo by Colby Sterling

Mooyah may be far from campus, but it offers one of the better burgers in BR. Mooyah excels in the subtleties of burger making. Any condiments added to the burger feels precise and accentuates the taste of the burger well; in addition, the handmade toasted buns add a great crunch along with another layer of flavor to the burger. The fries look ordinary at first glance, but are the best classic style fries in Baton Rouge. Mooyah offers great burgers, but its distance from campus can make it hard to get in daytime traffic.

Fat Cow

Burger

Photo by Colby Sterling

Fat Cow is the most complete walk-in burger joint in Baton Rouge. The atmosphere makes you feel like you’re in burger heaven, complete with wood-accented everything, an open kitchen, and a huge chalk board menu. The burgers are artisanal, a perfect blend of ingredients and the duck fat fries are a heart attack you’re okay with having. With a prime location just outside of campus, Fat Cow is the go-to burger place when you don’t just want to eat a burger, you want to experience it.

Your Mom’s Restaurant and Bar

Burger

Photo courtesy of @biteandbooze on Instagram

Your Mom’s offers the best burgers in BR. It gives a classic sports bar feel along with superb service. All of the burgers feature a perfectly grilled 8oz patty that feels like it’s melting in your mouth with every bite. The toasted sourdough buns add a perfect amount of sweetness to every burger, and condiments are never overused. For a little extra you can add a mouthwatering mound of cheesy fries on the side. The restaurant’s close proximity to campus and restaurant setting makes it a great choice for dinner.