You love beer. And you love travel. So why haven’t you been traveling for beer and hitting up breweries way more? There’s fascinating and nerdalicious brewing going on all around the world! Journy talked to certified cicerone (aka beer master sommelier) Zach Mack. Here are his favorite beer destinations, starting with not one, but two Portlands:

Journy talked to certified cicerone (aka beer master sommelier) Zach Mack about his favorite beer destinations, starting with not one, but two Portland destinations.

1 - Portland, Oregon

Portland at Dusk

Alejandro Rdguez on Flickr

As the holiest of holies for hop heads, Portland didn't need a national craft beer boom to make brewing a thing. Beer has always been a lifeblood for the city. The real reason to visit: some of the very best beers rarely make it out. The only way to try them is to get yourself over here! Not that I blame them: If I were making beer as good as Oregon, I wouldn't want to share either.

Breweries to try: Urban Family Brewing, Cascade Brewing, Commons Brewing

2 - Portland, Maine

20020725 03 Portland, Maine

davidwilson1949 on Flickr

Maybe any city that wants to become a brewing hotspot should just change their name to "Portland." These days it's practically necessary to specify which Portland when you're talking beer! The diversity is amazing: from industry leaders like Allagash to young and popular brewers like Bissell Bros., whose can releases draw weekly crowds. Hint: a lot of these beers pair well with lobster...

Breweries to try: Allagash Brewing, Bissell Bros., Bunker Brewing

3 - Reykjavik, Iceland

Reykjavik

Marco Bellucci on Flickr

#SpoonTip: A lot of these beers pair well with lobster...

3. Reykjavik, Iceland

Reykjavik is becoming one of the most popular destinations for adventurous American tourists, but their local food and beer culture gets overlooked. Yes, of course you should go for the fjords, glaciers, ice caves and lava fields—just make sure you stop in between to for amazing local brews! The concierges over at Journy can help plan the perfect itinerary for an adventurous beer traveler.

Breweries to try: Gæðingur Brugghús, Ölvisholt Brewery, Borg Brugghús

4 - Brussels, Belgium

Brussels Street Scene

mripp on Flickr

The real problem with Brussels isn't knowing what do when you get there, it's trying to find a way to fit it all in! You can venture out to try producers like Cantillon, Mort Subite and Hanssens, as well as a few Trappist breweries, or stay in the city for the best beer bars in the world. Do your research ahead of time: Find bars near where you're staying, look into brewers who specialize in the styles you love, and try to get in on a festival or celebration.

Breweries to try: Brasserie Cantillon, Brasserie de la Senne, Brouwerij Lindemans

5 - Copenhagen, Denmark

Skuespilhuset, Copenhagen

romanboed on Flickr

Copenhagen is the European city everyone is suddenly remembering: The food is critically adored, the architecture and history are gorgeous, and the beer scene has gone from regionally adored to globally admired. A lot of that has to do with Mikkeller Brewing and Evil Twin Brewing (two gypsy brewing twin brothers who travel the world making on other people's equipment). There are world class beer bars and microbreweries that can be hard to find anywhere else.

Breweries to try: Mikkeller, Nørrebro Bryghus, Warpigs Brewpub

6 - London, England

Do your research ahead of time: Find bars near where you're staying, look into brewers who specialize in the styles you love, and try to get in on a festival or celebration.

5. Copenhagen, Denmark

London

szeke on Flickr

The place for pubs with pint sipping locals! London is currently in the throes of the most exciting craft beer explosion it has ever seen. Brewpubs and breweries like Beavertown and the Kernel are pumping out everything from exciting sours to hoppy pale ales with a level of skill not seen on that side of the pond in ages. It's worth getting over there to experience everything while it's still in its relatively early phases.

Breweries to try: The Kernel, Beavertown Brewing, Meantime Brewing

7 - Montreal, Canada

Montreal, Canada

szeke on Flickr

A lot of that has to do with Mikkeller Brewing and Evil Twin Brewing (two gypsy brewing twin brothers who travel the world making their own beer with other people's equipment). There are world class beer bars and microbreweries that can be hard to find anywhere else.

6. London, England

This city has led Canada’s beer scene for forever. It’s no wonder– as a dining and creatives destination, Montreal is tops. They’ve developed some of the best breweries in the world here for the last 30 years. There’s a good appreciation of beer on every level. From restaurants and the way they curate their beer list and devotion to locally made brews, Montreal is a must-visit for any beer lover.

Breweries to try: Dieu du Ciel!, Unibroue, Trou Du Diable

8 - Asheville, North Carolina

City view Asheville, NC

pulaw on Flickr

How explosive is the beer scene in Asheville? The city has a population of just over 80,000 and is host to around 40 breweries. Big, nationally beloved breweries like Sierra Nevada have set up satellite breweries there. And  local breweries like Wicked Weed, Burial Beer and Highland Brewing have brought home tons of awards.

Breweries to try: Burial Beer Co., Wicked Weed, Wedge Brewing