Brace yourself, fall has arrived. That means apple cider, cinnamon dolce, and pumpkin spice lattes galore. And what better way to pair these delicacies than with a rich, fresh baked muffin?

And to help you out on your quest for the perfect baked goods in the City of Fountains, here are the best bakeries in Kansas City.

1. Heirloom Bakery

Ok let me start off by saying how gorgeous the inside of this bakery is. It's pretty much like walking into Anthropologie's Home Catalogue. The baked goods are just as aesthetically pleasing. I mean just look at that donut.

2. Scratch Bakery

A hidden gem nestled downtown, this bakery is the perfect place to stop by for a quick bite. Make sure to get their delectable homemade pop tarts.

3. Bloom Baking Co.

Picture the best bread you've ever had. The bread here is better than that. Bloom has a wide assortment of heavenly breads from brioche to challah. Carbs, here we come.

4. McLain's Bakery 

Take caution when you enter, one step inside and you'll leave with one of everything. You've been warned.

5. Sasha's Baking Co.

Hands down the best melt in your mouth croissants in Kansas City; with the wide variety they have to offer, everyone is sure to leave as a fan.

6. Mudpie Vegan Bakery

Kansas City's only vegan bakery is pure, sweet indulgence. What more could you want?