Berben and Wolff's is a completely vegan restaurant at 227 Lark Street in Albany. Yes, completely vegan. Everything that is prepared at Berben and Wolff's has 0 animal by-products and it all tastes unreal. Did I mention, I'm not even a vegan? I'm someone who's always down for a burger, yet I would choose to go to this place over eating at a non-vegan restaurant anytime. That being said, here are seven reasons why going to Berben and Wolff's is a must. 

1. The Big Max is totally insta-worthy.

Zelda Clegg

Honestly, this burger should be the sole reason you go to Berben and Wolff's. As I said, I love a good burger every now and then, and this satisfies all my cravings. It tastes like a real burger, if I didn't know that it was a vegan restaurant I would have thought that it was covered in layers of cheese and meat. This tastes like a burger that you should feel bad about eating but, in reality there's no reason to. Plus, it just is beautiful. 

2. The Wing Burger is epic.

Zelda Clegg

Remember those chicken patty sandwiches you use to get from the elementary school cafeteria? Imagine this burger as the grown up version of that. The patty consists of seitan breaded and fried like a chicken patty and than dipped in your choice of BBQ or buffalo sauce. On top of that, its covered in carrots, celery and vegan ranch all on a sesame seed bun. It's insanely delicious and there is nothing fake about this burger. Honestly, it tastes more like chicken than some of the stuff you'd get in a college dining hall.

3. Wing Wednesdays.

Who doesn't love chicken wings? Even if you're vegan or vegetarian, I bet you have to miss them. Well, every Wednesday Berben and Wolff's answers your prayers with wing night.

Zelda Clegg

They use the same seitan from the wing burger but shape it into chicken tenders and cover them in sauce. Every Wednesday they have buffalo, bbq, garlic parmesan and than one special changing flavor. They come exactly how wings would come at any other restaurant with ranch, carrots and celery. So, when you pick the date to try this place out make it a Wednesday and you won't be disappointed. 

4. Desserts, desserts, desserts.

Zelda Clegg

Along with their extensive menu they also offer a range of vegan deserts changing everyday and they are bomb. Trust me, you cannot tell the difference between their cupcakes and non-vegan cupcakes. They also offer gluten-free, vegan cupcakes which are a rarity (and they even taste good too). The treats are made in house by their baker Bri. Check out more of her work here

5. The location is prime.

Bergen and Wolff's is located on Albany's historic Lark Street and there is a ton of stuff to do there after you grab your vegan food. There's a great coffee shop up the road called Stacks, perfect for grabbing a quick coffee or hunkering down to study. The area is filled with other great shops to check out and every September there is even a street festival called LarkFest that you can check out if you're in town. 

6. The atmosphere is adorable.

Zelda Clegg

The inside of Berben and Wolff's is completely insta-worthy. It's filled with kitschy art and funky posters. They have lots of table space, including nice window seating. Along with this, they play some nice indie music to further add to the relaxed atmosphere. 

7. The staff is sooooo friendly.

The staff here is so nice. It's not a sit down restaurant, so you don't have a waiter. But, the staff is amazing. They are so willing to answer questions that you have about how they make their food and what exactly it is made from. So really, if you have any questions do not be afraid to ask.  

If you're still not convinced that this place is a must go, they just started offering a weekend brunch from 10-3 filled with bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles and much more.