I’m no New Yorker, but bagels are still an essential food category in my life. Growing up, I loved going to my local bagel shop to enjoy a yummy breakfast or lunch. The combinations are endless, and they always hit the right spot. Bagels are a food I simply cannot live without, which is why I was desperate to search for the best bagel in Atlanta. Here are my top three favorite bagel stores in Atlanta. I hope this list will help you find your new go-to bagel! 

The General Muir 

If you're looking for a convenient and easy spot close to campus when craving a bagel, then The General Muir is the place for you. Located at Emory Point, The General Muir is a neighborhood deli that has a great and friendly atmosphere. The menu includes many types of bagels, ranging from open-faced options to build-your-own bagels. One of their most popular options is the Avenue A, which is a plain bagel topped with nova smoked salmon, grapefruit, avocado, red onion, cucumber, dill, and cream cheese. All of their bagels come with different assortments of toppings and are an easy option when desperately wanting a bagel in the morning. I love going to The General Muir because I can customize the bagel of my dreams. 

Goldbergs Fine Foods

Goldbergs Fine Foods is located in Toco Hills, just 10 minutes away from campus. They have a wide variety of food on their menu including omelets, soups, sandwiches, and more. However, I always go straight to the bagels. These bagels are hand-rolled and toasted to perfection, and there's an extensive selection of different flavors and spreads. Goldbergs is the perfect place to satisfy my craving for a toasted everything bagel with cream cheese and avocado. Picking up your Sunday bagel at Goldbergs will feel like visiting your favorite bagel store at home. 

Brooklyn Bagel Bakery & Deli

I purposefully saved the best for last, because in my opinion, Brooklyn Bagel Bakery & Deli won the competition. Their fresh, right out-of-the-oven bagels have the perfect combination of fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Create your favorite bagel or sandwich with Brooklyn Bagel's endless range of flavors and toppings including cream cheese, tuna, eggs, and just about anything else you could want on your bagel. Not to mention, they even have flagels and gluten-free options. Eating my bagel order from Brooklyn Bagels feels as if I were in my local deli at home. Brooklyn Bagel Bakery & Deli is definitely my new go-to bagel store in Atlanta.

Bagels are my favorite comfort food, and searching to find the best bagel in Atlanta has been quite the journey. After looking far and wide, I've finally found my perfect bagel away from home. All three restaurants have delicious bagel options and are worthy of adding to your restaurant destination list!