If you're on the lookout for great, hole-in-the-wall restaurants, go ahead and add Barkin' Dog Grill to the list. This family-friendly restaurant, located in downtown Modesto, California, sets the bar pretty high when it comes to quality food and entertainment.

The Food

The menu has a variety of burgers, entrees, and specialties like their Mama's Italian meatball sandwich. Their high-quality burgers, like the mouthwatering one pictured above, are made from dry aged natural ground beef from local farmers. 

Some of the restaurant's dogs responsible for all barkin' are the Polish-style dogs, chili cheese dogs, and Chicago-style hot dogs.  The Chicago-style hot dogs are topped with chopped tomatoes, onions, relish, fresh jalapeños, celery salt, and mustard. 

Last, but not least, we have the milkshakes. Their old-fashioned shakes are made from hard ice cream and are blended to perfection for our consumption. Not one part is wasted in your milkshake experience at this restaurant. You get one shake in the glass and the extra comes in a mixing tin. Doesn't get better than that!

The Entertainment

Known for featuring local musicians, visual artists, and poets, the Barkin' Dog Grill is recognized as one of Modesto's top locations for local talents, and occasionally, national bands.

An updated calendar of events is posted on the restaurant's website if you're in the area, interested, or just curious. A hole-in-the-wall restaurant that displays local art and entertainment? Now that's what I'm barkin' about!