Welcome to the world of my latest addiction: raw vegan deliciousness.

If you’re in the Nashville area and feeling sluggish, hungry, and desperate to fill your body with something delicious, look no further than Avo. Less than a year-old, this plant-based cuisine will keep you coming back time after time.

Vegan

Photo courtesy of Bess Pearson.

Walk into the beautiful, open, sun-drenched restaurant. To your left is a fridge filled with fresh, cold-pressed juice and ‘booch. To your right is a cute little gift shop featuring cruelty-free beauty products, pretty paper, and more. The main floor of the restaurant showcases a large bar as well as bunch of comfortable seating, including an outdoor patio with a beach volleyball court in the yard.

Vegan

Photo courtesy of Bess Pearson.

Avo has a generous menu featuring everything from a vegan cheese platter, to make-your-own salads, to veggie pad thai. Make sure to order yourself an avocado margarita and then cap your meal off with a delicious raw vegan dessert.

Vegan

Photo courtesy of Bess Pearson.

I ordered the make your own salad and was presented with the most glorious plate of mixed greens, tomatoes, almonds, walnuts, strawberries, and spicy thai dressing. For the price of only $12, this felt like more than enough food (incredibly fresh, too!).

I also splurged for a cold-press juice “Cold Snap” filled with mint, ginger, apple, kale, parsley, spinach, and chard. If the thought of drinking your veggies makes your stomach turn, this juice will change your mind forever. The mint and ginger wake up your senses while the leafy greens leave you feeling full and satisfied.

Vegan

Photo courtesy of Bess Pearson.

While the raw vegan movement has received a lot of flack for being too expensive, not filling, or not versatile enough, Avo makes affordable, filling, and mouth-watering food that will have you thinking otherwise.

Vegan

Photo courtesy of Bess Pearson.

If you’re in the Nashville area I recommend Avo to anyone looking to getting a fresh and filling meal! In the meantime, make sure to throw them a follow on Instagram…they might even repost you in front of their ‘gram worthy avocado wall!