As November is coming to a close, I'm so excited thinking about the delicious food, festive music, and all-around good energy that comes with the holiday season. Having grown up in Atlanta, I can say the vibes are amazing during the holidays. 

Whether it’s a date night or just spending time with friends, the holidays are a perfect excuse to do a special activity. If you’re tired of simply going to a restaurant and coming home, here is an Atlanta holiday guide for what to do (and eat) this holiday season.

Atlanta Botanical Garden

During the holidays, the Atlanta Botanical Garden has a spectacular exhibit: “Garden Lights, Holiday Nights.” These beautiful lights light up the entire garden, and it is such a fun activity to get into the holiday spirit.

The Botanical Garden sits right across the street from Colony Square, a central spot to shop and eat in Midtown. One of my all-time favorite restaurants, Rumi’s Kitchen, has a location in Colony Square. Rumi’s is a Persian restaurant with delicious skewers and rice dishes. My family loves ordering family-style so that everyone gets to try all of the tasty options!

Ponce City Market Rooftop

Ponce has so much to offer during the holiday season. If you're looking for a relaxing—but exciting—winter activity, check out the Ponce City Market Rooftop! The rooftop has the coziest igloos to eat and hang out in with your friends and family.

You can reserve an igloo at 9 Mile Station, an amazing restaurant with views overlooking the Atlanta skyline. 9 Mile Station has a diverse menu with brunch and lunch options to keep you full all day. My personal favorite brunch item is the Eggs Benedict—a must-try! After you eat, make sure to stick around on the rooftop for fun carnival games and activities!

Ice Skating at Atlantic Station

Ice skating should be on everyone’s winter agenda. Atlantic Station in Midtown has a huge ice-skating rink during the holiday season, decked out with lights and fun holiday music.

Only a short drive away is Gio's Chicken, which is a must to check out before or after ice skating. Gio's is known for its decadent Italian food, from pasta to chicken dishes. After ice skating in the cold, who wouldn't love a warm chicken parm?

Miracle Pop-Up Bar

This adorable Christmas-themed pop-up bar will most definitely get you into the holiday spirit. There are locations all over the country (and the world!)

This year, Tapa Tapa Atlanta is hosting the pop-up. The bar is decked out in lights and decor, and you do not want to miss their creative holiday cocktails. If you're 21, this should be at the top of your list!

Whether it's ice skating or enjoying rooftop views of the city, I hope this Atlanta holiday guide gave you some inspiration for what to do and eat during the upcoming season. Make sure to check out these recommendations for a fun, festive, and delicious holiday season! Happy Holidays!