We’ve all waited in the insanely long line at Trader Joe’s on weekends, hoping for anything to make time go by faster. All you want is your hummus and chips, but the line isn’t moving at all. So why not try an even better local alternative for your healthy grocery needs, with Arrowroot Natural Foods?

arrowroot

Photo by Tiffany Chang

Arrowroot has everything you could possibly want, from vegan food substitutes to eco-friendly clothing. They stock Daiya, organic rice and fresh produce: perfect for a one-stop shop to prepare tonight’s dinner.

At the front of the store, there’s a beautiful rustic jewelry collection and sustainable clothing available to purchase. We also recommend checking out the incense and beauty product section nearby, with its fragrant essential oil and soaps.

arrowroot

Photo by Tiffany Chang

There’s a vast tea selection, from natural ayurvedic remedies to brand name favorites like Yogi. Best of all, Arrowroot even has a homemade smoothie bar at the back of the store, with delicious healthy blends like “Blue Heart,” with blueberry, pineapple and chia seeds.

More of a coffee person? No worries, Arrowroot has you covered with cold-brew coffee. You can even pick up some soy milk or agave nectar for a sugar substitute, to make your cup of joe even healthier.

arrowroot

Photo by Tiffany Chang

Arrowroot Natural Foods in Bryn Mawr has a homey, quirky vibe that makes it better than Trader Joe’s, especially since you can strike up a great conversation with the owner as you walk in. It’s worth skipping the line at Trader Joe’s to visit Arrowroot instead–why even put with the hassle when you can shop local and still get everything you need? We guarantee you won’t regret it.