Picture this: You’re scrambling for a last-minute restaurant to take your parents, who are coming to visit for the weekend. You don’t want to take them to just any old college student watering hole. A quick Google search turns up little results. But before you panic, in enters The Trophy Room, UCONN’s newest restaurant. 

Olivia Theroux

President Madeline Werdann, Marketing Director Liv Theroux, and I recently had the pleasure to try out The Trophy Room. The Trophy room is located inside of the recently renovated Graduate Hotel on campus. Automatically, they get a point for easy access! 

Olivia Theroux

The staff are all incredibly kind and welcoming, and we were greeted warmly upon arrival.

They were more than happy to provide suggestions on what to order, so of course, we took their word for it.

Olivia Theroux

First up were these out-of-this-world chicken tenders.

Olivia Theroux

Panko crusted, these crunchy delights are house-fried. You’ll find none of that frozen stuff here! They were also well seasoned, incredibly juicy, and easy to eat. Additionally, the Comeback Sauce that they came with was amazing, as well, and paired perfectly with the chicken. 

For our entrees, we tried two of their most popular offerings: The Caesar Salad with Salmon and the Smashburger.

Olivia Theroux

The salad was incredibly fresh, and looked heavenly. The salmon on top complimented the other elements beautifully. I’ll be honest, I’m not the type of person who usually goes to a restaurant and orders salad. Especially not at the end of a long week. But this salad definitely exceeded my expectations. 

Olivia Theroux

Furthermore, the Smashburger was perfectly cooked. Although they did not ask how we wanted it, when it came out, it wasn’t too tough or underdone. The fries on the side were crispy on the outside, yet warm and mealy on the inside-AKA the perfect fry! And would you look at the cheese on top?

Finally, we ended things on a sweet note. 

Olivia Theroux

Dessert is a must, and The Trophy Room did not disappoint! Presented adorably in a tiny skillet, the Skillet Cookie was a delicious, warm, half-baked treat. It’s the perfect size for sharing, or to eat yourself. The whipped cream, hot fudge sauce, and cherry on top, were the ideal toppings.

Olivia Theroux

The Trophy Room is the perfect place to go when you’re tired of the same old college haunts. Upscale, glitzy, yet still remaining reasonably priced, be sure to put The Trophy Room on your list next time you’re up at UCONN.