Right in the heart of Chelsea Market is the bakery and café known as Amy's Bread. The first time I ever found this bake shop was on a trip with my high school art class four years ago. Since then, I have been hooked.

Amy's Bread (Chelsea Market) 

sweet, bread
Emily Sauchelli

Going through Chelsea Market is an experience in itself. Everywhere you turn there is something new and exciting that catches the eye. 

Chocolate Chip Croissant

Amy's Bread not only creates fresh, traditional-style bread, the bakery also has other items such as cupcakes, soups, salads and sandwiches. Four years ago, I ordered my first-ever chocolate croissant. The croissant was so fluffy and filled with chocolate chips.

Relax and Enjoy Some Coffee

What makes Amy's Bread a unique and eclectic place to have a cup of coffee and eat a pastry is its atmosphere. Even though the bakery in Chelsea is on the smaller side, it has a great vintage vibe. There are also plenty of seats by the windows, bar stool style, to read a book and sip a hot cup of joe. Who doesn't enjoy that? Sounds quite relaxing if you ask me. 

1, 2, No, 6 Locations

Photo by Todd Quackenbush | Unsplash

toddquackenbush on unsplash

Amy's Bread has a total of six locations in New York City. The three main locations are in Hell's Kitchen, The Village (near Bleecker Street) and of course, Chelsea Market. Amy's Bread has other locations at the New York Public Library (on 5th Avenue at 42nd Street), Lincoln Center Plaza, and between 46 and 47th Street. 

Amy Scherber created the fine establishment of Amy's Bread years ago and is still the owner. She opened the first Amy's Bread in 1992, in Hell's Kitchen, with five employees. She now has over 190 employees forming dough, icing pastries and placing orders. The bakery will celebrate its 25th anniversary this coming summer, 2017. A 25th anniversary means she must be doing something right! Customers just can't stop coming back for more delicious goodies.