I know what you're thinking. Winter is in full fledge in Boston. The skies are mostly grey and the sun is mostly absent. What's more, it's freezing outside. Why is this girl writing about gourmet ice cream when people can barely get themselves out the door, let alone trek to a store, all to hold a gourmet, but frosty, ice cream?

Well, as you will soon know, this place is worth it.

This place is not just any place. It is not any old ice cream parlor. 

This place is something magical. An ice cream lover's paradise. A hungry college student's holy grail.

This place is The Scoop N Scootery.

The hip, trendy, and fun, ice cream store has another location in Arlington, but on February 4th a brand new location opened in Allston, MA—not far at all from Boston University's West Campus.

The store sells gourmet sundaes, offering concoctions like the "Holy Cannoli," stuffed with cannoli filling, chocolate chips, and homemade whipped cream, and a seemingly Stranger Things inspired sundae called "Demogorgon," filled with fudgey brownie, Oreos, fudge, and chocolate flakes. 

If these flavors have your mouth watering, check out their website and discover the dangerously delicious other options they offer. There's surely something for even the pickiest eater. 

While the classic Vanilla and Chocolate are featured on the ice cream offerings at Scoop N Scootery, they're also serving up some killer gourmet flavors as well—such as Blueberry Pie, Campfire S'mores, Cake Batter, and Peanut Butter Oreo. 

And the toppings are just as good. Some of my favorites include Doughy Bites, Nutella Sauce, Cinnamon Pop Tarts, Cookie Bites, and Blueberry Muffin Crumble. This ice cream haven even offers cookies in addition to its main product. 

But that's not all.

This establishment is not merely a store you can stop by to cure that craving for something creamy; it also delivers its gourmet ice cream goodness. Until 2 in the morning. 

Let's be real. Most of us are college students. We try our hardest to keep up with exams, assignments, healthy eating, and a social life. But sometimes we are up too late— exhausted, overwhelmed, and can't concentrate. We burn out, and we need a late night pick-me-up.

The perfect cure for this? Ice cream, and lots of it. 

You can even order it from the comfort of your dorm room. 

The store is sure to become a central part of Allston. Although there are other dessert offerings nearby, such as Twin Donuts or FoMu, there is nothing like this cool new creamery.

With love in the air as we have entered into the month of February, you might find yourself wanting to treat yourself to some self-love, or maybe to give a special someone a sweet surprise. No matter who is on the receiving end, a gourmet sundae brimming with flavor is the perfect way to send love.

Love in the form of ice cream. Who wouldn't want it?