Summer is the perfect time to travel to all the places you dream about during finals. Unfortunately, time can be limited, especially if you have a job or internship starting in June. Spending only four days in London was definitely not enough. Making sure I got a real taste of London was going to be a real challenge, but looking back I believe I hit some of the most noteworthy spots. 

Fish and Chips

Jackie Heller

Almost right off the plane I made my first stop at The Golden Hind for my first meal of fish and chips. Every trip to London should require a stop at a fish and chips joint. This was also the first time I tried mushy peas, and maybe my last. Mushy peas are basically mashed potatoes, but with peas. After this meal, I knew that the rest of my trip was going to be filled with great food. I got my classic British meal out of the way, so it was time for an amazing adventure. 

Borough Market

Jackie Heller

London has so many amazing food markets. This is basically the most heavenly place because if you know me at all, you know I can't resist a nice market filled with so many delicacies. On my first trip to Borough Market - yes, I went twice, I tried the duck confit wrap from LMDQ. Now this was an experience. I had just finished the Beatles Walking tour so I was very hungry. As soon as I got my food, I was totally shoving my face. The excellent food made it impossible to stop. The wrap was filled with caramelized sweet onion chutney, pickled red cabbage fresh green salad, and of course the juiciest yet crispy duck. If I had to use one word to describe it - unreal. 

Jackie Heller

The next day, I returned to Borough Market because I realized that I was so wrapped up in finding a place for lunch that I forgot about my favorite part of markets. The samples. I spent about fifteen minutes walking around trying cheese, jams, and different dips. My favorite was the truffle oil. They had both black and white truffle oil and it was hard to pick a favorite. 

Jackie Heller

After endless samples, I picked up some chicken and veggie dumplings for a quick bite before continuing my tourist escapades. 

Pubs

Jackie Heller

London has an amazing pub culture. I saw so many beautiful buildings with the funkiest names, filled with people drinking a beer and just hanging out. And it didn't matter what time of day it was! The only pub I went to during my trip was the Edinboro Castle in Camden. There was an outdoor beer garden and food being grilled the whole night. This was my first time trying an aperol spritz, and now it's my drink of choice. 

Indian Food

London is known for some of the best Indian food out there, and I was not going to miss out on that. I went to Dishoom, probably one of the most highly regarded Indian restaurants in London. From cocktails to classic samosas, cheese naan to lamb biryani, Dishoom does not disappoint. I honestly haven't had Indian food since going to Dishoom over two months ago because I really don't think anything will compare.

Sketch

Jackie Heller

Now I know what you're going to say. "Sketch is where everyone goes while abroad just to take a selfie in the bathroom." And while yes, I took a selfie in the famous Sketch bathroom, there's so much more to this lounge. Each room has a different, yet similar funky vibe. A front room with couches and a DJ, a huge tea room with pastel pink everywhere you look, and a hidden bar underneath the bathroom - just to name a few. Even the presentation of their cocktails is amazing. I enjoyed an espresso martini from the daintiest tea cup, and it was perfect. Sketch is also very well known for their high tea.

High Tea

Jackie Heller

High tea should be at the top of every London to-do list. A part of the London lifestyle, high tea can make anyone feel like a classy member of society. Finger sandwiches, scones with Cornish clotted cream, and a huge selection of fine teas can transform any average snack time into a memorable experience. The Wallace Collection features an exquisite tea in a greenhouse-style space in the middle of a beautiful building filled with art. But check out these extravagant spots too!

Dinerama

Jackie Heller

Right in the heart of Shoreditch is Dinerama, a trendy space filled with great food, flavorful drinks, and music to fill the room. This market is the perfect place to enjoy a night out, especially when they have different events. Explore upstairs and you'll find a nice lounge to enjoy a drink, an outdoor space to talk with friends, and a loud room perfect for dancing. Dinerama has a lot to offer and definitely shouldn't be missed.  

Brunch in Kingly Court

Jackie Heller

Kingly Court feels like a secret alley in the middle of the crazy Carnaby. This food court is great for any meal of the day, however if you plan on spending your Sunday shopping, like I did, then I recommend brunch. Kingly Court is great for any foodie, especially if a food photo shoot is part of all their meals. You can truly eat around the world in this three story dining hub. For brunch, The Good Egg has so many delicious choices, many inspired by Israeli breakfast. 

Warning: Portions are bigger than they seem. Eat slow and go for a long walk after eating to avoid a food coma. 

Picnic in a Park

Jackie Heller

London is filled with so many beautiful parks, and since the weather isn't always so great, it's best to take advantage of a nice day and go for a picnic. There is nothing better than stopping at La Fromagerie for cheese, picking up some crackers and fruits, grabbing some wine, and making your own charcuterie and cheese board. In my opinion, this was the best way to finish off my trip in London - enjoying the beautiful scenery of the city with great food and people!