Açaí bowls are taking over the health world. They’re perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert with their resemblance to a milkshake with all the (healthy) fix ins. Lots of smoothie and juice shops have started adding açaí bowls to their menus, so I scoped out some of the best in Boston.

5. The Almond Butter Açaí Bowl at Juice Press

Açaí

Photo courtesy of juicepress.com

If you’re a cinnamon fan, this bowl was made for you. The cinnamon that is blended with the açaí, almond butter, banana, and cacao had a pretty strong taste.

Although I, personally, was not a fan of Juice Press’ granola, the blended açaí part of the bowl was delicious. I found the cinnamon to be an interesting twist on an açaí bowl that I had never seen done before. For me, the best part of this bowl was the large, crunchy coconut flakes that topped it off.

4. The Peanut Butter Açaí at Liquiteria

Açaí

Photo by Kate Higgins

This is the first açaí bowl I’ve eaten that had peanut butter as opposed to almond butter, and it was fabulous. This bowl contained açaí blended with apple cider, vanilla almond milk, and bananas. It was topped with peanut butter and granola.

Combined with Liquiteria’s unbelievable granola, the peanut butter was a game changing addition to this bowl. I was disappointed only by the fact that Liquiteria does not top this bowl with any fruit. Throw some bananas on top with the peanut butter and granola and it would be a perfect 10.

3. The Açaí Bowl at Cocobeet

Açaí

Photo courtesy of dailyfreepress.com

The açaí blend part of this bowl, which included almond butter, strawberries, maquis berries, and banana, was sweet but not too overwhelming. I’m a big fan of coconut on just about anything, so I adored the generous sprinkling that topped this bowl off. Especially since it was paired with plump blueberries and Cocobeet’s scrumptious homemade “vanilla maple crunch” granola.

The vanilla maple crunch granola was my favorite part of this bowl. Cocobeet actually sells bags of this granola and when I finished all of the granola that was in my bowl, I bought an entire bag and poured more in. If you don’t go to Cocobeet for this açaí bowl, at least go to pick up some of the granola!

2. The Good Morning Bowl at Squeeze in Equinox

Açaí

Photo courtesy of trycaviar.com

The Good Morning bowl comes in close second place. If you’re looking for something less sweet, this is the açaí bowl for you. Squeeze’s Good Morning bowl is made of açaí blended with almond butter, apple juice, bananas, and blueberries, topped with gluten-free granola, strawberries, and honey.

The addition of the almond butter makes this bowl less sweet than JUGOS’ Kai bowl but still has a good amount of sweetness from the rest of the fruits. Stop by Squeeze at its locations inside Equinox at Dartmouth Street and Equinox in Chestnut Hill.

1. The Kai Bowl at JUGOS

Açaí

Photo courtesy of dailyfreepress.com

This bowl left me speechless. The Kai Bowl at JUGOS is made of blended açaí, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and coconut water, topped with granola, a sliced banana, and berries.

JUGOS’ granola is top notch and the fruit toppings were extremely fresh. I really liked that the blended part of the bowl was sweeter than an açaí bowl that has almond butter. If you’re looking for something thinner and sweeter, run, don’t walk, to JUGOS in Back Bay for a Kai bowl.