Location

West Street Deli is a mere 2 blocks or 3 min. walking time from State Gym. It's also next to some well known pre-game drinking spots such as Thumbs and Mother's Pub. If on campus but tired of eating Panda Express on the daily West Street Deli is for you as it has endless options on its menu. One can also create your own sandwich masterpiece. It's true that a vegetarian's sandwich paradise is in Iowa, it is West Street Deli. Don't worry meat eaters this article is also for you if you check out the menu. 

Atmosphere

Legend has it that athletic coaches bring future Cyclone athlete's to West Street Deli, and for good reason. The atmosphere is very relaxed with a great backyard and front patio with a wood paneling filled walls adorned with cyclone posters and picture's showing some of Iowa State's great buildings. My favorite poster is by far the Andy Warhol replication of the Campbell's soup can. 

Emily Elliott

Menu  

This menu is INSANE with the amount of choices one has, it is endless. With such favorites as the Denver, California, and a West Street Wrap with a specific section just for vegetarian's. Tofu is not plain tofu here either with such options as; blackened tofu, bbq tofu, and even offer a veggie burger. Their veggie sandwiches include some awesome spreads too such as a homemade Russian dressing on their Reuben, Cajun mayo, or a Cucumber dill sauce. The bread is to die for as it is a large piece of bread and is fresh baked. Gluten free is also an option for only a 50 cent charge. 

Emily Elliott

Options

They have an entire separate menu just for you to get creative with a sandwich and become the ultimate sandwich artist, forget Subway. This menu is shown as choosing bread, sauces, meats or vegetarian, cheese and veggies. The options are limitless and truly allow you to create many different new sandwiches. 

Emily Elliott

Next time you are looking for a relaxed place to grab a unique sandwich in Ames, IA check out West Street Deli. It's close to campus and a delicious spot to take a break from the stresses of college. Go Cyclones! 

Emily Elliott