The era of the acai bowl was so 2015, and now the poke bowl has been the food to watch for in 2016 (It’s POH-keh, by the way). A traditional Hawaiian seafood preparation. All you have to do is take small pieces of raw fish like Ahi tuna, marinade it in soy sauce, and you have poke. Poke is a huge trend in LA, that has had people going crazy and is now finally spreading to Miami, all thanks to My Ceviche.

my ceviche

Photo courtesy of @myceviche on Instagram

My Ceviche is a healthy alternative to fast food, serving up delicious tacos, burritos, salads, ceviche, stone crab, and let’s not forget now poke. In March 2012, the first location of My Ceviche opened in South Beach. My Ceviche has continued to expand throughout South Florida, with locations now including South Beach, Brickell, Coral Gables, and South Miami, which is walking distance from the University of Miami.

my ceviche

Photo courtesy of @myceviche on instagram

All My Ceviche locations are great, but I want to highlight South Miami. Everyone loves perks, discounts and freebies, especially when we are all broke college students. Everyday My Ceviche has happy hour, but for tacos.

my ceviche

Monday through Friday from 4-6 PM, enjoy two-for-1 tacos. Options include grilled chicken, fish & shrimp, charred octopus, and raw tuna. But, make sure you stop by on Tuesday. It’s half-off burrito night for students when you show your student ID.

And, last but not least, download the My Ceviche app. We all love our phone and apps, but what do we love more? FREE money. Yeah, you read that correctly. Download the My Ceviche app and receive an automatic $5 dollars off your first meal when you put in your payment information.

my ceviche

If these things don’t convince you to check them out, then I’m not sure what will.

my ceviche

Now, head on over. Your poke bowl is only a little ways away.

Go Fish, Go Fresh! #mycevicheisbetterthanyours