Florida has a variety of restaurants that are all amazing, each serving different types of delicious food. When vacationing, destination restaurants are a key element to an amazing stay. Motek, which means sweetheart in Hebrew, is a Mediterranean restaurant that I always make sure to visit. The atmosphere, food, and location make it a destination I look forward to going to whenever I'm in the area. 

Atmosphere

Motek is a beautiful restaurant with very vibrant decor, making it a wonderful place to dine. When I first saw the restaurant, my eyes were drawn to the colorful flowers surrounding the sign. There are options for indoor and outdoor seating, both having elegant atmospheres. My favorite element of this restaurant is the tree inside that is built into one of the tables. Motek has a very unique design, making the dining experience unforgettable. 

Appetizers

There are so many different appetizers to choose from, all having exquisite flavor and vibrant colors. My personal favorite is the Hummus Tehina, which comes with warm housemade pita on the side. As an alternative option to pita, they also have a vegetable platter, which comes with beautifully displayed fresh produce. In addition, Motek offers a variety of other options such as Eggplant Salad, Crispy Cauliflower, and more. 

Maya Arie
Maya Arie

Entrees

Given that I've tried almost everything on the menu, I can confirm that all of the entrees at Motek are delicious. First up, they have amazing salads. My personal favorite is the Crunchy Cabbage salad, which includes shredded cabbage, toasted almonds, and mint and is topped with a mint honey vinaigrette.

This salad is simple, yet each individual component speaks for itself. The "crunchy" in the name is no joke, as this salad is VERY crunchy, making it even more amazing! My second favorite is the Halloumi Salad, which contains arugula, halloumi cheese, tomato, mint, and other ingredients tossed with lemon and olive oil. Their salads are great starters when you're sharing dishes and are a must when going to Motek.

Maya Arie

As much as I love their salads, the meat selection is the main attraction at Motek. All of their dishes are made fresh and are served to perfection. They have different meat entrees including kebabs, burgers, and sandwiches. For those who don't eat meat, they also offer an incredible Impossible burger.

My go-to choice is the Steak Sandwich. Served on Jerusalem bread, this sandwich transports me right back to Israel. The sandwich includes prime ribeye steak, caramelized onions, tomato, cabbage, pickles, and garlic aioli. It is a sandwich you will be dreaming of for days to come.

Another delicious option is the Crispy Chicken Schnitzel, served with hummus, mixed greens, and pita on the side. It is a great choice when you want a little bit of everything! All of the entrees, whether salads or meat dishes, will leave you wanting more. 

Maya Arie

Desserts 

No matter how full you may be from the amazing appetizers and entrees, you will not want to miss out on Motek's dessert. The dessert selection at Motek is as mouthwatering as it sounds.

The Challah Bread Pudding is a definite must-have. This bread pudding is served in a skillet and contains apricot, pine nuts, and silan (date honey). The best part about this dish is that it is served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, which melts into the bread pudding, making it even more scrumptious. They also offer an extremely authentic chocolate babka, which is a classic Israeli dessert.

Maya Arie

Next time you are in Florida, make sure you cross off Motek on your restaurant list. You can thank me later!