Summer is approaching, and perfect timing: Sweetgreen has come out with new salads to add to their permanent menu. The new salads include the Chicken Pesto Parm, the Spicy Thai, the Fish Taco, and the Lentil + Avocado. We ventured out to try them all so that you wouldn't have to (but they were all so good you might want to!).

1) Chicken Pesto Parm

This salad was delicious - simply delicious. It was incredibly filling for a salad, and left nothing to be desired. The pesto with the hot sauce made for a spicy blend of Italian flavors that was just delectable. Filled with pesto, chicken, breadcrumbs and shaved parm, it was just like your favorite Italian sandwich, minus the calories!  

#SpoonTip: Sub the breadcrumbs and shaved parm for parm crisps (YUM!) 

2) Spicy Thai

If you aren't a fan of tofu, this salad is also perfect when you sub chicken (it's as close as you can get to a Chinese Chicken Salad at Sweetgreen). This salad felt super clean and tasted fresh while still being filling, making it perfect for the hot spring and summer months. The corn added a sweet touch, the spicy sunflower seeds a great crunch, and the signature spicy cashew dressing made this one of our favorites. 

#SpoonTip: Add tortilla chips for an extra crunch! 

3) Fish Taco

If you're in the mood for something spicy, this is the salad for you. For us two girls, this salad was slightly too spicy, but otherwise insanely good. The tortilla chips provided the perfect crunch and the steelhead was cooked to perfection. 

4) Lentil + Avocado

If you're a vegetarian, you might just fall in love with this salad—it's stacked with veggies and tossed with house made balsamic vinaigrette. But we meat lovers definitely did not. To us, the salad was nothing special, and it was slightly bland (where's the salt?). 

After trying all four salads it was hard to pick a clear winner. Whether you're a Sweetgreen fanatic, or just looking for a quick and delicious salad stop, we highly recommend tasting one of these four new salads. Now go off and try them for yourself!

#SpoonTip: Skip the line, and order on the Sweetgreen app!