The University of Montana is a place for students to learn new ideas and explore opportunities. But sometimes we get caught up in our daily activities and forget to grab something to eat. When you're faced with the long list of places here to chow down, it can be daunting. In order to help minimize these tragic moments, here's a quick guide showing the hours of each of UM's dining halls and coffee shops.

Dining Areas

Whether you're squeezing in a snack in between classes, taking a study break to refuel your brain, or need something to settle your stomach before an epic night out, UM Dining's got your back. The diverse options for eating and hanging out satisfy any occasions. 

The Food Zoo

Rachael Seymour

Weekdays: 7:15 am-7:30 pm

Weekends: 10:30 am-7:30 (with a 15 minute lockout between breakfast, lunch and dinner for them to set up for the next meal)

Ah, the Food Zoo. The end all and be all of food places on this campus. Located in the west end of the Lommasson Center, this cafeteria is the place to grab some grub, be it a cup of vegan chili or a six course meal of chicken strips.  

The Food Court

Rachael Seymour

Weekdays: 10:00 am-7:00 pm

Weekends: Closed (11:00 am-5:00 pm on home football game days) 

You can find this lovely little area on the second floor of the University Center Hall (or the UC Hall). With five varied kiosks to choose from as well as a little grocery section for buying your own foods called "The Center", you'd be hard pressed to find something that doesn't strike your fancy. Once you do find something to chow on, you can head over to the lounge area and eat in one of the booths while staring out into the massive windows and contemplate how you're going to pass finals. 

The Corner Store 

Rachael Seymour

Weekdays: 7:30 am-8:30 pm.

Weekends: Closed

Next door neighbors with the Food Zoo, this little supermarket offers a wide variety of food to purchase with your meal plan money. It even has a pizza, sushi, and deli shop.

The Market

Rachael Seymour

Weekdays: 7:00 am-10:00 pm

Weekends: 9:00 am-8:00 pm

Located on the first floor of the UC Hall, this shopping area closely resembles The Corner store. But instead of pizza and sushi, there's a bakery.

Pizza Hut 

Rachael Seymour

Weekdays: 7:30 am-Midnight 

Weekends: 9:00 am-Midnight

One of the saving graces of after-hour food cravings, The Hut is on the second floor of the UC Hall, just down the way of The The Food Court. Serving a wide variety of pizza toppings and drinks, you'll be dreaming of cheesy stuffed crust and Pepsi long after they finally close their doors. You can even shoot a game of pool or two in the game room next door while you wait for your meal.

Coffee Shops

What's a university campus without a coffee shop or two? Serving local brands like Black Coffee Roasting Company and baked goods from UM Dining's own Bear Claw Bakery, it's easy to make quick stop and grab something to drink, along with the occasional snack. 

Le Peak

Rachael Seymour

Weekdays: 7:30 am-4:00 pm 

Weekends: Closed

Connected to the Corner store, Le Peak is often bursting with customers coming to get their daily fix of caffeine, as well as some baked goods from the University's bakery. And while waiting for your order, you can sit down in one of the plush chairs in the study area right next to it.  

Think Tank

Rachael Seymour

Weekdays: 7:30 am-3:00 pm 

Weekends: Closed 

Amidst the Math, Chemistry, and Skaggs buildings and above the Urey Lecture Hall, the Think Tank is a tiny oasis island amidst a sea of learning. Offering snacks like soups, wraps and energy bars along with beverages from the locally sourced brands, this is the perfect place to fuel up for students and teachers alike. 

Biz Buzz

Rachael Seymour

Weekdays-Thursday:  7:30 am-2:30 pm

Friday: 7:30 am-1:30 pm

Weekends: Closed

Found in the Gallagher Business Building, the Bizz Buzz will wake you up for all your early-hour classes. Serving a variety of hot and cold drinks with sandwiches, including paninis, this place is here to give you a much needed boost to take on the day.

Sidebar

Rachael Seymour

Weekdays: 8:00 am-2:30 pm

Weekends: Closed

In the Alexander Blewett III Law school, no place is better for a ten minute recess than The Sidebar. Offering both cold and hot beverages, this place also provides baked goods from our university's bakery.

Recess

Rachael Seymour

Weekdays: 7:30 am-2:00 pm

Weekends: Closed

Found in the Phyllis J. Washington Education Building, this cozy little cafe offers all sorts of teas and coffees to go along with the morning lectures. They also serves fresh baked good from Bear Claw Bakery.

So next time you're looking for a great place to eat or grab coffee on the UM campus, but aren't sure where to go, look up one of these great areas and give it a shot.