People who know about St. Louis recognize that one thing that sets this city apart from others are the food gems that speckle the expanse of the city. From poké places in the Central West End to mouth watering pasta spots on the Hill to luxurious chocolate bars in Lafayette Square, St. Louis has it all. As a lover of all things chocolate and all things sweet, unique dessert spots are my go to, so I have taken it upon myself to create a list of the top dessert spots in St. Louis that truly stand out.

1. Bailey's Chocolate Bar

There's more than just desserts served at this chocolate themed wonderland. In addition to delectable confections that will keep you coming back, Bailey's Chocolate Bar also boasts flavorful flatbreads and signature chocolate martinis for those who are 21 and older. From the delightful texture of the Salted Chocolate Moose to the deep richness of the dark chocolate Tart Noir, I guarantee you will leave with your chocolate fix fulfilled.

2. The Sweet Divine

This boutique bakery and gourmet coffee bar is far more than just an adorable place to get a cupcake. Their standout item is the savory Drunken Pig cupcake that won Cupcake Wars, but if you want something sweet, there are plenty of other fabulous options (they have 15 daily flavors), like Cherry Garcia, Banana Split, and Butterfinger. Some other notable menu items are the convenient "Cookie Dough To Go," whoopie pies with flavors like gooey butter, chocolate, banana, and red velvet, as well as flavor packed coffees in variations like the White Chocolate Lavender Mocha or Turtle Frappe. 

3. Jilly's Cupcake & Ice Cream Bar

After winning Cupcake Wars multiple times, it's safe to say Jilly's has cupcakes down to a science, and the recently added ice cream bar is just as tastefully done. Whether you want just a bite of one of their mini cupcakes or a regular, muffin-sized delicacy, Jilly's has plenty of options. The large portions, decadent fillings, and tasteful flavorful combinations (like Toffee Iced Coffee, Turtle Cheesecake, and Reese's Chunkage), are what truly set this place apart. In addition to offering traditional ice cream flavors, Jilly's also has ice cream inspired by their popular cupcake flavors. Whether you leave with a cupcake, ice cream, or both, you'll definitely be back later for more.

4. The Baked Bear

Following much excitement around their recent opening, The Baked Bear has earned itself quite the reputation. And I can honestly say the place lives up to it. The "design your own" ice cream sandwich idea is fun for people of all ages, and it is executed flawlessly. With 13 cookie flavors (including red velvet, M&M, and a rotating cookie of the month), 13+ ice cream flavors (including Bear Batter, birthday cake, and espresso), and 12 topping options (like Fruity Pebbles, almonds, and hot fudge), everyone can find a combo to love. It's safe to say that although this dessert spot is a newbie, it will be here for the long haul.

5. Vincent Van Doughnut

Handmade from scratch in small batches, the doughnuts at Vincent Van Doughnut can truly be considered as artisan. Deliciously moist and teeming with explosive flavor combinations, the doughnuts are sure to satisfy dessert lovers everywhere. If you want super-sweet, they've got you covered with flavors like Lemon Lavender or French Toast. If you want a more savory option, you can enjoy the Maple Bacon Doughnut. Even if you're vegan, they have weekly options for you too.  

6. Clementine's Creamery

Clementine's Creamery is St. Louis's only microcreamery, and it serves flavor packed, unique icy treats. The creamy texture signature to small batch manufacturing is just one of many things that sets Clementine's apart from other ice cream shops. Whether you're looking for rich, smooth flavors like Gooey Butter Cake, Salted Caramel Crack, or Manchego with Truffles and Honey, a booze-infused ice cream bowl like Chocolate Cabernet or Boozy Banana Rum, or a sweet vegan treat like Cashew Salted Caramel or Coconut Chocolate Fudge, Clementine's has options for you. In addition to the wide range of ice cream choices, they have unique cones—ranging from regular waffle cones to specialty flavors like red velvet, toasted coconut, and matcha. 

7. The Fountain on Locust

The Fountain on Locust is the place to go if you're looking for both dinner and desert. Their food menu spans a wide range and features delectable dinner items like kale cups, "grown-up" grilled cheese, and decked out, cheesy roast beef sandwiches. The true star of the show, however, is the ice cream menu. Whether you're looking for the World's Smallest Hot Fudge Sundae for only $1.99, an old fashioned ice cream specialty like the Dark and Sinister or the Bearcat, an adult float or ice cream, or one of many tantalizing drinks (that can be made alcoholic or "mocktail" form) like the Thin Mint or the Chocolate Covered Cherry ice cream martinis, the Fountain on Locust is sure to have options that will leave a satisfied sweet tooth.

Whether you're a chocolate fiend, an ice cream fanatic, or a cake aficionado, these St. Louis dessert spots are bound to have a treat for you. Using this list, you're sure to blaze your way through the sugar scene of St. Louis and find a new favorite. Now go forth, your sweet tooth is calling.