The Milwaukee Public Market, located in the Historic Third Ward, is an indoor marketplace open seven days a week with fresh delicacies and independent merchants. Just a quick five minute bus ride from campus, it's a great place to grab a snack.

It is easy to feel overwhelmed with options when walking in on a busy afternoon, but fear not, here’s a guide to satisfy all of your cravings.

1. On the Bus

On the Bus, the Milwaukee Public Market's newest vendor, specializes in plant-based offerings and will satisfy both sweet and savory cravings.

The menu features date based shakes, fruity smoothies, acai bowls, avacado toast, and plenty-o-sandwiches. This diverse menu lives up to their ideology that “vegan food can be just as delicious, if not better, than their non-plant based counterparts.”

On the Bus even utilizes a 1971 Volkswagen Bus and is the perfect backdrop for an Instagram picture. Trendy!

2. The Green Kitchen

Feeling healthy? The Green Kitchen has a salad bar with over 50 fresh ingredients such as veggies, cheeses, and various protein selections including chicken and tofu!

They also offer gourmet sandwiches that are made to order and juices to compliment your meal! Definitely a place for an "on-the-go college student!"

3. C. Adam's Bakery

Okay, I get it. Sometimes you’re feeling a bit more indulgent and nothing will hit the spot the same way a cookie will.

Stop by C. Adam's Bakery for an extra special treat like a #thicc slice of chocolate cake or a butter toffee brownie if cookies aren't your thing.

Get ready to choose from over 100 variations of pies, cookies, bars, and morning pastries as well as 20 assorted cakes. The "I don't want to share" size cakes are perfect for those days when you're feeling slightly greedy. 

4. Thai-namite

Thai-namite has authentic Thai food and plenty aesthetically pleasing sushi rolls. You can dine in at the sushi bar or take something to go to accommodate your hectic "college" lifestyle .

The flavors offered are definitely a outlier from dining hall food. The menu can feel overwhelming, but I would recommend the Drunken Noodles with your choice of meat, or the Cheesy Veggie maki roll. Both will give you a nice taste of what Thai-namite has to offer without being too adventurous! 

5. Margarita Paradise Mexican Restaurant

Margarita Paradise is a family owned tacqueria with countless taco selections and plenty of loaded burritos.

You'll easily satisfy your craving for some Mexican food at Margarita Paradise. If you're in the mood for breakfast, the Huevos Rancheros or the Breakfast Tacos are definitely worth a try. Both breakfast options are served all day! WOOT!

6. Flotz Family Market

Walking in from the parking entrance of the Public Market, the first thing you'll notice is Flotz Family Market. They provide wood-fired pizza and sandwiches that are freshly assembled daily.  A warm, cheesy pizza is the perfect comfort food for Wisconsin's winter months. 

Craving something else? Soup or seafood? Luckily, this isn't even everything the Public Market has to offer. Take a trip after an exam, try new cuisines, and enjoy some free time off campus. Not only is the Public Market filled with delicious delicacies, but it offers instant stress relief for the busy college student!