Saratoga Springs has a lot of great food options in and around town, and there are definitely specific places and dishes that I’ll miss after graduation this May. Take a look at this list to make sure you take advantage of it all before it’s your turn to leave!

1. Dough Boys from Esperanto

graduation

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

Dough boys are honestly one of my favorite things to eat in town. They consist of sautéed spiced chicken breast, blended with cheeses and scallions, then baked in fresh pizza dough. Seriously one-of-a-kind and amazing.

2. BBQ Mac & Cheese at Druthers

graduation

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Their BBQ Mac & Cheese has pulled pork, boneless ribs, baked beans, corn and coleslaw (and obviously mac & cheese). This savory dish is always super satisfying, and it makes really good leftovers- try it cold! I’ll also miss their Beer Cheese Dip: gouda, cheddar, gorgonzola dolce, cascade hop butter, Golden Rule blonde and spicy cherry peppers, served with deep-fried pretzels. Sounds overwhelming but is a perfect dish for the whole table to share.

3. Anything from Iron Roost

graduation

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Iron Roost offers both sweet and savory waffles, as well as other breakfast options and salads. My go-to is the Southwestern Fiesta: scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, avocado, sour cream, tomato, homemade hot sauce and green onion, all wrapped up in a waffle wedge. The waffle’s soft texture goes so well with the ingredients of this dish, and I’ve never had anything like it before (and maybe never will again :'( ).

4. Soft serve from Dairy Haus and Farmer’s Daughters’

graduation

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

The ice cream from both Dairy Haus and Farmer’s Daughters’ is on point. Both homemade, their ice creams always taste fresh and delicious. I’ll definitely miss living so close to so many farms.

5. Anything from Park Side Eatery

graduation

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Park Side Eatery offers so many great breakfast and lunch options. I love their latkes and toast: two potato latkes with lox, tomatoes, red onion and sour cream; two fried eggs served with rye or Farm Toast. Their Smokey Joe (Smoked Whitefish Salad, Slices of Smoked Nova Salmon, a cream cheese smear, tomato and red onion on Seeded Rye Toast, served open-faced) is also super good. They also have french toast and pancakes, and lots of great sandwiches and soups for lunch. And don’t forget donuts!

6. Anything from Triangle Diner

graduation

Photo courtesy of @spoon_skidmore

Triangle Diner is a classic breakfast place to go in Saratoga Springs. Diner food is always a great go-to for basically any mood, but I’ll really miss the comfortable and casual atmosphere of the diner. And it’s like d-hall for those of us no longer on a meal plan: chances are you’ll see someone you know!

7. Sandwiches from Putnam Market

graduation

Photo courtesy of @spoon_skidmore

Putnam has lots of awesome food options, such as pastas and soups, but what I’ll miss most is their sandwiches. One of my favorites is the Gunpowder: roast beef, smoked cheddar, onions, bbq sauce and mayo; I always get it on a baguette. The Pandora is also great: chicken breast, provolone, red onion, bbq sauce, and mayo.

8. Anything from Spot Coffee

graduation

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

I’ll really miss Spot Coffee for its atmosphere. In particular, it is such a great place to study. The glass-covered outer part of the cafe is pretty and cozy in all seasons. If you’re getting food there, I recommend getting a breakfast sandwich or their made-to-order panini sandwiches.

9. Anything from Four Seasons

graduation

Photo by Rianna Lloyd

Four Seasons is a great healthy vegan option in town. There are so many great foods to choose from; whether or not you are vegan, this is such a great place. It’s a casual buffet-style restaurant, so everyone can get what they want. They also offer awesome shakes and smoothies.