Welcome to Burlington, Catamount! Here, you will find an abundance of tasty looking places to get breakfast. These are the top 9 to chow down at whether you’re on campus or strolling around downtown Burlington. They’re super close to campus and won’t break the bank!

9. Late Night Waffles

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Westphalen Photography

Conveniently located on Athletic campus right on the grounds of UVM, the Harris Millis dining hall (aka The Grundle) serves big fluffy waffles from 10:30pm-12:30am on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. It’s not exactly fine dining, but if you’re craving breakfast food really late (or early) this is the spot for you. Also, it’s on the unlimited dining plan so it won’t empty your pocket!

8. Brennan’s Pub

breakfast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Brennan’s is right in the Davis Center and serves breakfast all day! You can choose from options like the “Gutt,” a hearty pancake sandwich served with eggs, bacon, and home fries or simple buttermilk pancakes. Be sure to save your meal plan points to try it at least once during the school year!

7. Bruegger’s

breakfast

Photo courtesy of churchstmarketplace.com

Bruegger’s Bagels claims to be an authentic New York-style bagel shop right on Church Street in Burlington. Not only do they have bagels, but they also have breakfast and lunch sandwiches! Bruegger’s has cool second floor seating and is a super close stop if you happen to find yourself shopping on Church Street. Try the smoked salmon sandwich, my personal favorite!

6. Sneakers Bistro

breakfast

Photo by Anna Frasier

A menu chock-full of mouthwatering brunch options is what you’ll find in this Winooski restaurant. It’s a little bit of a hike but totally worth it for the eggs and bacon (or sandwich, or waffles, or breakfast burrito)! You may find Sneakers on the pricier end but with the higher price tag also comes quality food and an extensive drink menu. Cheers!

5. August First

breakfast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

I accidentally stumbled upon this bakery when a friend and I were down by the waterfront and starving. A newer, fairly priced restaurant, August First brings a whole lot to the menu including breakfast bowls, salads, sandwiches and yummy seasonal bakery items! Be sure to get there by 11am to try a fluffy VT local egg sandwich or a granola bowl.

4. Skinny Pancake

breakfast

Photo by Anna Frasier

Coming in fourth on the list, The Skinny Pancake, a local chain, is about as convenient as it comes for UVM students. Stop by next to The Marché for a bagel, crepe, sandwich, or even poutine! This restaurant is definitely a perk to living on campus and is a great investment for some, if not all, of the 100 points that come with your unlimited dining package.

3. Magnolia

breakfast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Anytime I have been or tried to eat at Magnolia Bistro on Lawson Lane there has been a line. They were dubbed the first Green Certified Restaurant in Vermont and claim to serve breakfast and lunch with a twist! Their menu involves a wide variety of scrams, sandwiches, toasts, and vegan options. Although a bit pricey, Magnolia is definitely worth a visit with friends at least once!

2. New Moon

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Colette Kulig via Pinterest

The second best place for UVM freshmen to go out for the most important meal of the day is New Moon. Here, you can find fairly priced breakfast burritos, scrambles and sandwiches. Along with unique breakfast options are VT local coffee, freshly made juices, and real fruit smoothies. A laid-back atmosphere and delicious food is the perfect way to start your day!

1. Henry’s Diner

breakfast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Henry’s, in my circle of friends, is unanimously named the best place for UVM freshmen to eat breakfast. It has the best variety of food and the best bang for your buck! Within walking distance from just about anywhere on campus, you can’t go wrong with a visit to this diner. There’s always a line but the food is absolutely delicious and well worth the wait!

As a freshman, you’re on your own if you feel like treating yourself to a good breakfast. Burlington has an awesome food scene right in your backyard. Take time to get familiar with the local restaurants and establish your favorite breakfast eatery too!