PSA: October 28th is National Chocolate Day. That’s right, an entire day dedicated to all of you chocolate lovers out there…and you better be looking to celebrate.

So if your chocolate cravings are off the charts or you’re in the mood for a sweet treat, I’ve narrowed down the best RVA spots to satisfy your chocolate needs. You’re welcome.

Boyer’s

Check out this fancy flavor, Bavarian Mint!! Available for a limited time! #gelaticelesti #icecream #rva #thinklocal #thinkboyers

A photo posted by Boyer's Ice Cream & Coffee (@boyersrva) on

With flavors like Chocolate Decadence, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Malt, Dark Chocolate Mint, and French Chocolate Brandy, there’s no reason you won’t find you perfect chocolate flavor.

Plus, with so many choices you’ll have a valid reason to go back multiple times. Think of it as the quest to find your chocolate ice cream soulmate because we all need a little love in our lives.

Duck Donuts

chocolate

Photo by Virginia Myers

I mean really, who doesn’t love donuts? A warm, fresh-out-the-oven Duck Donut is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth…plus, they just won our donut taste testing competition so you know you’re in for a treat.

Since you can buy them in singles, half dozen, dozen, or even buckets (18 donuts anyone!?) your celebration of National Chocolate Day can last for days.

Red Eye Cookie Co.

chocolate

Photo Courtesy of Red Eye Cookie Co.

There’s no denying we’ve all had one (or three) too many slices of pizza at 2 am. But that’s college, right? I choose sweet’s over pizza any day, so why not mix up your midnight munchies with freshly baked cookies.

Located in the heart of Richmond, Red Eye Cookie Co. will come right to your door with their homemade cookies cause us college kids are #lazy. Chocolate Chip, Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Andes Mint Chocolate Chip, and Red Eye cookies can all be yours with just the touch of button.

Carytown Cupcakes

chocolate

Photo by Heather Gardiner

Guess what…Red Velvet counts as chocolate too. Rich Chocolate, Red Velvet, Oreo Peanut Butter, and Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip are all cupcakes just looking to celebrate this national holiday. Only a short drive into Carytown and your chocolate cravings can be put to rest (for now).

From October 19th- November 1st Carytown Cupcakes has a variety of specialty flavors in honor of Harry Potter, but more importantly just in time for National Chocolate Day. Feast on Sorting Hat, a chocolate cupcake filled with buttercream and topped with chocolate cream cheese.

King of Pops

chocolate

Photo courtesy of relayfoods.com

Who doesn’t remember being a little kid eating ice pops while they melted all over your tiny hands? Since we’re all young at heart, why not transport yourself to your childhood for a quick sec with a King of Pops ice pop.

More sophisticated than the good ole Fudgsicle, their Chocolate Sea Salt Pop is so incredible you’ll think you’re dreaming… and trust me, you won’t want to wake up.

Sweet Frog

Frozen Yogurt is always the perfect option when you don’t know how much chocolate you’re craving. Cable Car Chocolate, Cookies and Creme, and Chocolate Mint Cookie are all flavors just waiting to be paired with all the chocolate toppings you can think of.

One’s froyo topping choice does tell you a lot about their character ya know. Hot fudge, brownie toppings, dark chocolate pieces, chocolate caramel cups…bring it on. It’s time to #expressyoself.

Nettie’s Naturally

chocolate

Photo courtesy of Nettie’s Naturally

All you healthy chocolate lover’s out there, don’t worry I didn’t forget about you. It’s not always easy finding guilt-free chocolate treats, but when I discover them, oh baby I indulge.

Nettie’s gluten-free, organic bakery only uses coconut sugar in their sweet treats. Serving up chocolate torte, tiramisu, chocolate beet brownies, and chocolate super granola, Nettie’s healthy options are endless so trust me you’ll be going back again even when National Chocolate Day has ended.

Shyndigz

chocolate

Photo courtesy of Shyndigz

Keep the celebration going all night long with RVA’s first ‘dessert only’ restaurant, Shyndigz, which knows how to do chocolate desserts right. With their Chocolate Caramel Cake, Chocolate Pecan Bliss Banana Pudding, and the Ultimate Chocolate Cake, this place is not messing around.

Did I mention that it’s open till midnight? So essentially you have no excuse to miss out on one of their creations because chocolate is a priority.

Café Caturra

chocolate

Photo by Megan McNitt

Hey you, listen up. Sure, Café Caturra is known for their delicious lunch and dinner options by all Richmond students, but their chocolate desserts, oh boy let me tell you: they’re game changers.

Picture this: a huge (we’re talking half the size of your face) warm chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream and a chocolate fudge drizzle. Need I say more?

Now for the hard part… pick which chocolaty treat will be on your first stop.