Brunching is my hobby. If I had the time and most importantly, the financial resources to have brunch every week, I honestly would. Seeing as I however, am a broke and supremely busy university student, brunching isn't something I do every weekend. That's why I choose my brunch spots wisely and with the German efficiency I was born with.

Find below my favorites for the best brunches I've stumbled across in Amsterdam that won't break the bank and won't have you cycle all around town for some avocado toast.  Enjoy! 

1. Ted's  

Located in central Amsterdam, Ted's is well-known for it's extensive all-day breakfast and brunch menu. From the amazing food and drinks to the attentive service and the interior, Ted's is a place that never disappoints.

Location: Bosboom Toussaintstraat 60, 1054 AV Amsterdam

2. Bakers & Roasters

A mere 15-minute bike ride away from the bubble is Bakers & Roasters, another very hip and even more popular brunch place in Amsterdam. Like Ted's, they serve all day breakfast and brunch and are a place well worth the trip. However, it gets really crowded on the weekends, so it might be worth going there during the week.

De Pijp Location: Eerste Jacob van Campenstraat 54, 1072 BH Amsterdam

Centre Location: Kadijksplein 16, 1018 AC Amsterdam

3. The Breakfast Club

With several locations in town, The Breakfast Club is a breakfast-only place that seems to appear in every breakfast guide for Amsterdam. It is particularly convenient because there is one location in close proximity to the bubble, which makes it the perfect breakfast spot for the weekend. 

Oost Location: Wibautstraat 56, 1091 CL Amsterdam; several other locations around town 

4. Gebroeders Niemeijer

Located right by Amsterdam Centraal, Gebroeders Niemeijer is a small, french bakery that sells a huge variety of freshly baked breads and sweet treats but also offers a considerably priced breakfast menu worth trying out. From croissants to granola and fresh juices, this place offers the standard breakfast menu with a french touch. 

Location: Nieuwendijk 35, 1012 MA Amsterdam 

5. Mook Pancakes

As the name subtly suggests, Mook Pancakes does pancakes only. The pancakes however are impeccably fluffy and come in a variety of topics and styles. Find them in the west side of the city.

Location: De Clerqstraat 34, 1052 MZ Amsterdam 

6. Bar Basquiat

Located on nearby Javastraat, Bar Basquiat is a very hip and busy place that does everything from breakfast to light dinner and drinks in the evenings. While the breakfast options are limited, they are reasonably priced and only 5 minutes away from the bubble. 

Location: Javastraat 88-90, 1094 HM Amsterdam

7. Bakhuys

Bakhuys is a bakery that sells a multitude of freshly baked breads and sweet treat in their large and open space on Sarphatistraat. Even though they do have a small breakfast menu, the baked goods and the coffee are what really stands out and what Bakhuys is worth coming for.

Location: Sarphatistraat 61, 1018 EX Amsterdam 

8. Juice Brothers 

Juice Brothers is a juice/smoothie chain with several stores around Amsterdam. While not explicitly serving breakfast, they do have açai bowls on the menu which are said to be the best in Amsterdam and make for a very reasonably priced and healthy breakfast. 

Closest location in De Pijp: Van Woustraat 151, 1074 AJ Amsterdam, several other locations around town 

9. Omelegg

As the name of Omelegg subtly suggests, this place specializes in eggs, and more specifically, omelettes, of which there are more than 20 on their menu. Other then omelettes, this place also serves up sandwiches and the usual juices and sweet croissants. 

Location: Ferdinand Bolstraat 143, 1072 LH Amsterdam

Et voila! Whatever your tastebuds, budget and motivation to bike tell you, with this list in hand nothing stands between you and your perfect weekend brunch anymore