Days are gradually getting warmer and warmer, and winter weather is almost on the verge of leaving Austin, Texas. With temperatures rising into the 80s, it is finally acceptable to start treating yourself to sno cones. Check out this list of best spots in Austin to grab sno cones, and go satisfy your craving for a cold, syrupy treat on a hot day. 

1. Sno-Beach

Sno-Beach just opened up a little over a week ago, and this sno cone stand is within walking distance from campus. Walk on over after class and treat yourself to a mango sno cone (my favorite) with caramel drizzle on the top.

2. Jim Jim's

Jim Jim's doesn't technically serve sno cones, but rather something they call "water ice." What the heck is water ice, you ask? It's a water-based sweet treat originating in Philadelphia,  made with fruit blended into fine ice to form a soft, velvety smooth texture. My go-to? Coconut cream, for sure. Jim Jim's also serves shakes, soft pretzels, and soft-serve ice cream.

3. Casey's New Orleans Snowballs

Casey sure knows what he's doing. This food truck serves up 70 different home-made flavors of sno cones, and they're well-known for their chocolate and cream syrups which are traditional New Orleans flavors. Get yourself over to Casey's, grab a snowball, and laissez les bons temps rouler. 

4. Ice Scrapers

As many may know, this food truck near campus is famous for their hand-rolled ice cream. However, many may not know that they also serve sno cones. You can get an extra large sno cone for $5.50 from Ice Scrapers — that's a steal if I've ever heard one!

#SpoonTip: Get a sno cone "Hawaiian Style," which basically means that it's stuffed with ice cream. It's the best of both worlds.

5. Sweet Caroline's Snow Shack

Sweeeeet Caroline. Sno cones never tasted so good! Head on over to Sweet Caroline's for some of the fluffiest sno ice you will ever have. 

6. 512 SNO

Out of these nine different options, 512 SNO honestly might be the best sno cone I've had thus far. Located only about two miles from campus, this sno cone truck is the place to go for your next study break. Get the wedding cake flavor — it's a must-try. 

7. SnoMo

Want some 'mo sno? This North Lamar joint has got you covered. SnoMo, run by a UT alum (hook 'em) serves this smooth and creamy Taiwanese shaved ice dessert. What's the best part about SnoMo? Happy Hour is every Monday through Friday from 12pm-3pm. Get 10% off beverages, such as boba drinks, when you order during that time. #SaveThatMoney 

8. Shaved Ice Island

Shaved Ice Island claims to be Austin's "life-changing shaved ice company." Go decide for yourself — their trailer serves up inventive flavors like the Mango Lassi (shaved ice with mango fruit and vanilla ice cream), the Moscow Mule (with lime juice and fresh-cut ginger root) and the Notorious POG (Hawaiian juice-based shaved ice made with passion fruit, guava, and orange).

9. Rockaway Beach ATX

Last but not least is Rockaway Beach ATX. This food truck prides itself on serving fresh subs, hot dogs, and shaved ice. It's the perfect situation — grab a delicious lunch, and then finish off with a dessert. 

So many great sno cone options in Austin, so little time. Now that spring is here, which sno cone spot will you hit up first to beat the heat?