Delhi is a foodie’s paradise and it is currently going through an era in which the restaurant industry is reviving old hubs with their new ventures. Due to its central location and excellent metro connectivity, Connaught Place (the heart of the city!) wins over the others.

We bring to you a list of eight such unique cafes, that have sparked life into Connaught Place:

1. Barush

Connaught Place

Photo by Vishesh Monga

A relatively new entrant, Barush is situated right in front of the famous Odeon Cinemas on the first floor. It is a small yet beautiful place, with Blue and Grey themed interiors. They have innovative dishes such as Indian Main Course Tiffin Meals as well as Fusion Desserts, which are the best of the lot.

#SpoonRecommends: Corn and Paneer Salad, Mutton Fry with Malabari Parantha, Vodka infused Sunheri Phirnee on Cookie Crumble

2. Tamasha

Connaught Place

Photo by Vishesh Monga

This is one of the most lavish Restro-bars that has come up in Connaught Place lately. It has five different seating arenas, including a Rooftop. When fully packed, it can host 200 people comfortably at once. One of the major highlight of this place is the Optimus Prime Truck Bar. There are some really great options for main course here and each of them is served with complimentary side dishes.

#SpoonRecommends: Chicken Chettinad with Malabari Parantha, Chicken Goyzos, Amritsari Beer Battered Fish

3. Cafe Public Connection

Connaught Place

Photo by Vishesh Monga

This is an extensively spacious and grand lounge located in the prime F-block of the Inner Circle. Their walls are full of catchy art-pieces. The X-Factor here is multiple private cabins with different themes. Although, the food is limited to good bar snacks the staff caters well to the personalised orders.

#SpoonRecommends: Honey Chilli Potato, Chicken Tikka, Chicken Shish Tuk

4. Cafe Hawkers

Connaught Place

Photo by Vishesh Monga

It is located in the lane just next to Odeon Cinemas and has quickly gained fame for its quirky interiors. Grass rolls and cycle tyres on the wall give this place a Hawker type of vibe. It is an ideal restaurant for hangout with good cocktails and great food.

#SpoonRecommends: Kamal Kakdi ki Chaat, Stir Fried Chicken, Juicy Lamb Burger

5. Chaayos

Connaught Place

Photo by Vishesh Monga

The popular retail chain has recently opened one of their finest outlet in Connaught Place. Its interiors are beautifully done in wooden with hints of yellow. The best thing about this place is the exorbitant variety of Tea which is available here. Moreover, all the teas can be customized.

#SpoonRecommends: Kulhad Chai, Kebab Bhujia Wrap, Banana Cake

6. 38 Barracks

Connaught Place

Photo by Vishesh Monga

Designed as a cabin of an old Military Colonel, this place can be enjoyed by people of all ages (kids are an exception, well, obviously). They serve exceptional food and have an excellent section of platters. They also hold screenings for popular matches of cricket, football etc.

#SpoonRecommends: Paneer Barrels, Penne Alfredo, Chicken Keema Samosa with Mutton Korma

7. Farzi Cafe

Connaught Place

Photo by Vishesh Monga

It is certainly one of the finest cafes in this area. Adding to that, they are pioneers in Molecular Gastronomy as well Fusion food and drinks in Delhi/NCR. The presentation and quality of each and every dish is top notch. Moreover, their menu card is protected and not available on any online resource.

#SpoonRecommends: Tempura Prawns, Margherita Kulchas, Braised Lamb Chop

8. Tea Trails Bistro

9223372036854774004

In present India, tea cafes are gaining more popularity than coffee shops. Tea Trails is a Mumbai based QSR which has recently begun operations in Delhi. They serve exotic teas from around the globe. Desi chai and special tea infused food are also available.

#SpoonRecommends: Jasmine Tea, Three Cheese Risotto, Vada Pav