Jupiter, Florida—home to many, vacation destination for most—is a place you don't realize you miss until you're gone. The family you've left behind, the boat in your backyard, the beach a mile away from your house and—most importantly—the restaurants you crave on a daily basis.

I've put together a list of the best restaurants you're sure to miss while you're away from home.

Food Shack

This hole-in-the-wall "food shack" is worth the usual wait. To start,  buffalo Brussels sprouts (not on the menu) are a hidden secret.

For an entrée, the sweet potato-crusted fish (your choice of fish) and the angel hair pasta are not to be missed. For dessert, order the Nut Mash.

C.R. Chicks

One word: Smokey. This pasta with chicken is a local favorite, and if you don't get this with a loaf of bread, then you're doing it wrong.

Lazy Loggerhead Café

This classic café on the beach has been serving breakfast since 1998. I don't have a specific menu-fav because everything is beyond satisfying. You won't be disappointed.

U-Tiki Beach

After working here throughout high school, you would think that I would be sick of the food, right? Well, I'm not. The Shaka Shrimp, Crunchy Tuna Tempura Roll, Crispy Chicken Ranch Salad,n flatbreads and burgers are to die for.

Trust me, I've tried pretty much everything on this waterfront restaurant's menu. And as an additional plus, the management is incredible.

Wow. I'm getting really sad and hungry.

Maplewood Bagel Market

Yep, I'm crying now. "Do you want Maplewood?" is the key to any high-school kid in Jupiter's heart. If the love of my life could be food, I'd be married to a bacon, egg, and cheese with a side of cream cheese. Needless to say, this family-owned bagel market is popular among all ages.

2 Vinez

This tapas and sushi bar has a super eclectic atmosphere and is my ultimate favorite. The bruschetta and strawberry shortcake rolls are so good I could (and might have already) literally lick the plate.

3 Natives

Because why would you not want to eat a lot of fresh fruit with almond/peanut butter, coconut shavings, chia seeds, and granola? And please, pronounce açai the correct way.

Rock Steady

This second juice bar to open in Jupiter officially made residents health nuts. Between 3 Natives and Rock Steady, you really cannot go wrong. Personally, I can't pick a favorite...They're equally amazing so just try both.