There are no two words in the English language more beautifully spoken than happy hour. For both workers and college students of the world, happy hour is the light at the end of a dark, dark tunnel.

We all know Miami has delicious places for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but if you’re broke, like me, happy hour is the one time when you can drink and eat everything you want. Instead of limiting yourself to the few classic spots for happy hours in Miami, check out these restaurants to get the most bang for your very few bucks.

1. The Federal

Happy Hours in Miami

Photo courtesy of beyondsouthbeach.com

Located on Biscayne Boulevard, this modern American tavern has a bottomless happy hour every Tuesday through Friday from 6 pm to 7:30 pm. The outdoor seating with hanging garden lights provides the best environment to unwind.

The drink menu, for only $19 per person, offers a selection of bottomless cocktails and wine. Beers are $3 and wings are $5, making it a perfect spot to get your drink on with your friends. Check out the full happy hour menu here.

2. Wood Tavern

Happy Hours in Miami

Photo courtesy of woodtavernmiami.com

Wood Tavern is a staple to the Miami Design District. If you’re an outdoor seating enthusiast like myself, the backyard patio decorated with picnic benches, string lights, and fun board games is the perfect place to drink away your weekday worries.

The happy hour deals at Wood Tavern are overwhelming. Tacos are free from 6 pm to 9 pm on Tuesdays, while ladies drink for free from 8 pm to midnight on Wednesdays. Head over any Wednesday through Friday from 5 pm to 8 pm for 50 cents wings and $5 Jameson drinks. Discover more of their happy hour deals in SouthFlorida.com’s recent article.

3. Ball & Chain

Happy Hours in Miami

Photo courtesy of MiamiNewTimes.com

This Little Havana spot is one of the most underrated places in Miami. Ball & Chain is a recreation of the famous 1930’s jazz bar, full of history and the classic Miami Cuban influences.

Two-for-one drinks are offered every day from 4 pm to 7 pm. Both their Mojito Criollo and Canita are paired with an actual sugarcane stick. Expect live jazz music every Thursday at 6 pm.

4. The Local Craft Food & Drink

Happy Hours in Miami

Photo courtesy of thelocal150.com

Close to the University of Miami campus, The Local is a popular gastropub with seasonal food and craft beer. They pride themselves in their locally-sourced food and extensive happy hour menu.

Every day of the week, starting as early as 12 pm on weekdays, The Local has half-off select beers, wines, and cocktails. Don’t forget to pig out on their $3 pub snacks. Nothing says TGIF like a mouth full of hushpuppies.

5. The Rusty Pelican

Happy Hours in Miami

Photo by Josie Phifer

Do not be alarmed. I know The Rusty Pelican is usually for special occasions, for instance when you’re parents are paying the bill, but their happy hour deals are too good to ignore.

Their weekday happy hour is from 4 pm to 7 pm, which happens to be the ideal time to watch the sunset at their amazing patio on the water. Find your perfect Instagram while enjoying $5 wine, cocktails, ahi tacos, and spicy tuna rolls. Read more about The Rusty Pelican’s deals here.

6. Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ 

Happy Hours in Miami

Photo courtesy of thrillist.com

This Brickell spot is one of my favorite restaurants in Miami. Each table has a mini grill for customers to be their own chef throughout their dining experience. Gyu’s unique happy hour is hard to miss, taking place all day on Sunday, 11:30 am to 7:30 pm on weekdays, then late nights on Friday and Saturday.

Their happy hour menu is stacked with half-off appetizers, including their bestsellers spicy tuna, edamame, and garlic rice. The meats, seafood, and poultry to cook at your table are all $4 to $8 dollars only. I haven’t even told you the best part yet… beer is 99 cents.

7. Bocce Ristorante

Happy Hours in Miami

Photo courtesy of bocceristorante.com

With a truly authentic Italian menu, Bocce Ristorante brings a hip, upbeat spot to Midtown. And yes, there are actual bocce courts, making it an even greater place to meet up with friends after a long day.

Bocce’s happy hour, or Aperitivo in the Italian language, offers $6 dollar pizzas and cocktails. How could one ask for more? The Napoli pizza is famous, along with the Bocce Mojito and Spritz that makes me feel like I’m back studying in Rome. If I had an endless supply of time and money, I’d spend every Monday through Sunday here.