Tesoros is a warm and cozy little café in Schenectady, NY that is well known for its delicious and authentic Latin cuisine menu. It is the ideal place for you to relax and mingle with friends over a warm cappuccino. You’ll definitely want to go to Tesoros when you’re not in a rush so you’re able to fully enjoy your meal with its unique ambiance. You cannot officially be a Union graduate until you have had at least one meal at Tesoros.

1. Pulled Pork Burrito with Rice and Beans

Tesoros

Photo by Emma Conroy

Trust me, you’ll want to bring your appetite for this dish. This tasty burrito comes with a flour tortilla stuffed with pulled pork, cheese, rice, and black beans. Topped with pico de gallo, sour cream and guacamole.

2. Guacamole and Chips

Tesoros

Photo by Emma Conroy

Start off your meal the right way with this classic guac and chips appetizer. This is an Aztec dish made with creamy avocado, fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, lime, salt and pepper. It is also served with corn tortilla chips. You definitely can’t go wrong with this choice and the guac to chip ratio is on point. Here is an easy guac recipe if you need to satisfy that craving right now.

3. Strawberry and Cream Cheese Nutella Crepe

Tesoros

Photo by Emma Conroy

Holy Crepe. This strawberry and cream cheese crepe is to die for (check out this awesome recipe to make your own – you won’t be disappointed). This delicious crepe is complimented with sliced strawberries and whipped cream, drizzled with your choice of chocolate, raspberry or caramel sauce. If you’re indecisive like me, it’s okay if you get all three, no one will judge.

4. Pollo Guisado

Tesoros

Photo by Emma Conroy

Don’t be spooked by this fancy shmancy dish. It is essentially braised chicken in a red wine tomato-based sauce with peppers, onions, and cilantro, on top of a bed of rice, served with sweet plantains, black beans, and sliced avocado. If there is avocado involved I am in.

5. Camarones al Ajillo

Tesoros

Photo by Emma Conroy

If you’re a shrimp lover, this is the dish for you. The Mexican-style jumbo shrimp is sautéed in a garlic butter and wine sauce, served with Mexican rice and guacamole. Thinking of this dish makes me want to make these shrimp nachos.

6. Colombian Empanadas

Tesoros

Photo by Emma Conroy

This extremely satisfying dish comes with three empanadas made with a stew of beef, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic. If you’re ambitious and want to make you own, check out this recipe.

7. Flan Cake

Tesoros

Photo by Emma Conroy

There’s always room for dessert. You must try this amazing flan cake that has a sweet and savory filling coated in a decadent sauce.