The University of Arizona’s eats can get old during the 9 months we attend classes. However, once we return to our hometowns for the summer, there are quite a few restaurants our taste buds begin to crave. For those students who call the west coast their hometown, all I have to say is lucky you. Here are 7 Tucson eats you’ll miss this summer:

1. In-N-Out Burger

summer

Photo by Stefanie Blumer

Oh, my oh my… the savory goodness in In-N-Out’s special sauce; how we non-west coasters will miss this loaded burger and infamous animal fries. But don’t worry, you can make these animal fries at home!

2. HUB Restaurant and Ice Creamery

summer

Photo by Betsy Kaplan

HUB Restaurant and Ice Creamery offers unforgettable eats in terms of dinner and dessert; the perfect combo. HUB’s ice cream is all homemade! I recommend ordering the Prime Fries for an appetizer and trying the Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream for dessert. Praying they open one of these in the midwest.

3. Batch Cafe & Bar

summer

Photo by Caroline Solomon

Home to delicious doughnuts and grilled cheese sandwiches, Batch Cafe & Bar offers childhood favorite foods you can’t find anywhere but this Tucson location. The restaurant’s perfect childhood combination is one we will definitely miss this summer.

4. Illegal Pete’s

summer

Photo by Jillian Sandler

Looks like it’s back to the Chipotle lines for those of us without Illegal Pete’s at home. A message to Chipotle: please offer queso. Also, who can forget about the free chips or tortilla offered with your meal?!

5. Mama’s Hawaiian Bar-b-cue

summer

Photo by Monica Milberg

Unfortunately, this summer there is no way to indulge in drunching at Mama’s. RIP to Chicken Katsu until next fall.

6. Cheba Hut

summer

Photo courtesy of chebahut.com

You west coasters are beyond lucky. Oh, how I wish Cheba Hut was offered in the midwest. The perfect stoner snack will just have to wait until school resumes in the fall.

7. Time Market

summer

Photo by Selena Quintanilla

Time Market is one of the most delicious pizza places in Tucson in terms of location, cost, ingredients, drinks, and environment. If you haven’t been already, here are 5 reasons you’ll fall in love with Time Market.

Adios Tucson, see you, and your eats, next fall!