From creamy hot chocolate to artisan donuts, this is the ultimate list of snack spots to help survive a Boston snow storm. Trust us, its worth the trek out into the crummy weather to treat yo’ self for mustering up the strength to put on snow boots and a thousand layers.

1. L.A. Burdick
Photo courtesy of @Burdickchocolate

With a location in Back Bay and one in Cambridge, Burdick’s serves up Boston’s best hot chocolate. Choose from white, dark, milk or single source, and if the weather is particularly bad, add a slice of hazelnut orange cake. One sip of melted chocolate bliss is all it takes to make a blizzard better.

2. Flour

snow

Photo courtesy of @bakemagazine

Joanne Chang is a culinary goddess. With four locations spread across Boston, you have no reason not to venture out to one. Warm up with a grilled panini, and finish off with her famous sticky bun (warmed at request). Pro-tip: for the coziest environment, make the snowy journey to the South End Location.

3. Max Brenner

snow

Photo courtesy of @maxbrenner_chocolate_bar

Need I say more than peanut butter hot chocolate? If you are that one friend who just can’t do peanut butter, try the Mexican hot chocolate for a spicy kick. They serve lunch and dinner too, but if you are still hungry, try one of their choco creations. Snow days will never be the same.

4. South End Buttery

snow

Photo courtesy of @southendbuttery

For a cozier, tastier take on Georgetown Cupcakes make the trek to the South End for cupcakes and coffee at the Buttery. If melt-in-your-mouth cupcakes aren’t enough motivation to bundle up, a portion of the proceeds go to local animal rescue shelters. Cupcakes aren’t your thing? Stop by for weekend brunch and order the chocolate chip pancakes. You can thank me later.

5. Tatte Bakery

snow

Photo courtesy of @tattebakery

With a soon to reopen Brookline location, as well as others around the city, Tatte is a necessary snow day stop. Try the lamb meatball sandwich for a twist on your traditional sandwich and finish off with any of their delicious Mediterranean-inspired desserts.

6. Union Square Donuts

snow

Photo courtesy of @unionsquaredonuts

Nothing is better than a homemade donut paired with coffee, and no one does it better in the city than Union Square Donuts. Go traditional with the Boston creme, or try something new with the orange cardamom poppy seed donut. Either way, this Somerville stop will make any snow day survivable.

7. Insomnia Cookies

snow

Photo courtesy of @insomniacookiesofficial

For those snow days when the only way to survive is to binge watch all of Making a Murderer on Netflix, order a box of Insomnia Cookies delivered right to your door. The white chocolate macadamia cookie after ten seconds in the microwave is the perfect companion to murder and intrigue.